Nothing says fall like a warm and comforting cup of pumpkin spice latte. Follow these easy steps to make a sweet and delicious sugar-free pumpkin spice latte at home.
Over the past few years, the pumpkin spice craze has swept the nation. I’m not one for flavored coffees but I make an exception every fall when it’s pumpkin spice season once more, because it’s just that good!
But if you go to a coffee shop you can easily pay over $5 for a single drink, which is craziness in my book. Add to that the fact that my local Starbucks doesn’t carry sugar-free pumpkin spice lattes, I decided to try making my own at home. Now, some homemade pumpkin spice lattes use pumpkin puree or , but we’re going to keep things simple here and just use four ingredients: coffee, sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup, milk, and cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle on top.
Follow the easy recipe below to make your own sugar-free pumpkin spice latte at home for a fraction of the cost and in under five minutes. There’s a quick one-minute video in the recipe card as well. This sugar-free pumpkin spice latte recipe offers the perfect sweet and irresistible and gets bonus points for being caffeinated too.
Enjoy your pumpkin spice latte with whipped cream on top and a serve of one of these amazing pumpkin recipes: pumpkin cream cheese pie, pumpkin spice cupcakes (with cream cheese icing), pumpkin crumb cake, or pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls.
- Strong and unflavored brewed coffee
- Sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup
- Whole milk
- Cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
How to Make a Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte at Home
First, brew a cup of strong, unflavored coffee (whatever you have at home will be fine) and fill your mug halfway.
Add two tablespoons of sugar-free pumpkin syrup to the cup of coffee and stir well.
In a different microwave-safe cup, heat the milk in the microwave until hot.
Using a handheld milk frother, froth the milk until fluffy.
Add the frothed milk to the cup of coffee and stir well.
Sprinkle the top of the latte with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice.
There you have it! A sugar-free pumpkin spice latte you can easily make and enjoy at home.
- For sugar-free syrups, you can sometimes find them in stores. I haven’t had any luck this year so I just ordered from Amazon. Click here to see the latest sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup I purchased. Add as much or as little syrup as you like.
- This little milk frother is awesome. I have had this one for about two years now but have only changed the batteries once. After each use, I just run the end under the faucet to clean and then put it away. For less than $10 this is a great deal! Be sure to use whole milk for the most froth. Click here to see all of the handheld milk frothers on Amazon.
- If you want to indulge, add some whipped cream to the top of your latte.
- Want to turn this into a sugar-free pumpkin spice frappuccino? Just add the ingredients and a cup of ice to a blender. What about an iced ? Just switch the frothed milk for cold milk and add ice.
- Other coffee options: use two shots of espresso instead or decaf coffee.
- While whole milk is the frothiest option, you can use any milk that meets your dietary requirements, including sweetened or unsweetened almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
- If you need to add more sweetness, opt for a sweetener like a dash of liquid stevia.
Here are some more homemade and deliciously warm drinks to enjoy:
- 1/2 cup strong and unflavored coffee
- 2 tbsp sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Cinnamon or pumpkin spice
- Brew strong, unflavored coffee and fill up your mug about halfway.1/2 cup strong and unflavored coffee
- Add sugar-free pumpkin spice syrup to the cup of coffee and stir well.
- In a different microwave-safe cup, heat milk in the microwave until hot.
- Using a handheld battery-operated milk frother, froth the milk until fluffy.
- Add frothed milk to the cup of coffee.
- Sprinkle the top of the latte with cinnamon or pumpkin spice.