I didn’t have an eggnog recipe for the longest time. We didn’t grow up drinking eggnog, but heard about it often on television shows and in movies. Eventually, years ago, I finally tried it and found that it can vary greatly from absolutely delicious to bug-your-eyes-out strong! This easy eggnog recipe errs on the side of smooth and delicious, creamy and rich, and family friendly through and through!
Short Cut Ingredient Makes This Recipe Very Simple
In only minutes and with the help of a fun shortcut ingredient, you have have a thick and creamy eggnog fit for any occasion! Check it out in the step by step instructions below.
Ingredients you’ll need for Eggnog are:
- French vanilla instant pudding mix
- Rum extract or a no alcohol recipe, a good vanilla (I use vanilla)
- Ground ginger.
Decrease the Sugar
*You can use sugar free pudding mix if you like and lessen the sugar or replace that entirely with a sweetener of your choice.
How To Make an Easy Eggnog Recipe Step by Step Pictorial
Pour the milk, pudding, sugar, and all of the spices into the blender and run on high speed for a few minutes, until all of the ingredients are blended and smooth.
Pour the mixture into a jug or container.
Store in the refrigerator, covered, for 1-2 hours.
The longer the mixture is stored the thicker it will become. Mix well again by giving it a vigorous stir before serving.
I like to top it with whipped cream and cinnamon to make it extra special.
It’s so much fun doing the little things for the people we love!
- 4 cups milk 2%, whole, almond, etc. Your preference is fine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3.4 ounce package instant french vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoons rum extract or strong vanilla I use vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoo ginger
- Place the milk, pudding, sugar, and all of the spices into the blender and run on high speed for a few minutes, until all of the ingredients are blended and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a jug or container and cover. Place in the refrigerator for at least 1-2 hours. The longer the mixture is stored the thicker it will become. Mix well by vigorously stirring before serving.
- Garnish individual servings with whipped cream and a sprinkling of cinnamon if you like!
You might also enjoy: