Hey friends! I’m popping in today to share a quick and easy recipe with you. This is an updated version of classic Monkey Bread in easy to grab muffin form – and pretty enough for company. This recipe takes advantages of multiple shortcuts, too, so it’s perfect for a busy morning when you’ve got places to go and people to see but you still want to make something warm, special, and yummy.
1. Cut each biscuit into eight equal parts. Then, stir together white sugar and cinnamon. Dip each biscuit piece inside and stir to coat.
2. Line a muffin tin with ten muffin papers. Place eight biscuit pieces into each muffin paper.
3. Combine butter, brown sugar, and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir constantly until just melted and well blended. Remove from heat and add vanilla.
4. Pour a heaping tablespoon of brown sugar syrup over each muffin cup.
Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool slightly. Remove lid from cream cheese icing and heat in microwave for about thirty seconds, until just softened and barely runny. Drizzle a little icing over each muffin after they have cooled a bit.
I love these warm!
- Monkey Bread Muffins
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 + ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 count can Grands buttermilk flaky biscuits
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ⅔ cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup store bought tub of cream cheese frosting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin pan with non-stick spray or 8 cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Separate the biscuits and cut each one into 8 equal pieces. Toss the pieces into the cinnamon sugar mixture and place 8 of them into each muffin well or liner.
- Place a small saucepan on the stove and melt the butter, add the brown sugar and water. Mix until everything is all melted and combined. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour a heaping tbsp. of the brown sugar and butter mixture over each of the muffins.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Allow the muffins to cool for about 10-15 minutes, before removing from the pan.
- Microwave the cream cheese frosting for 10 seconds, until it’s thinned out. Using a fork, drizzle the frosting all over your muffins. Serve warm or cooled! Store on the counter in a tightly covered container.
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.
H. Jackson Brown, JR
Special thanks to my friend, Amanda over at Mommity, for sharing this recipe with me and allowing me to share it with you!Yum