Hey friends! I love cute ideas for parties but I don’t have the time these days to put into making all that cute food like I used to, so quick and easy is the name of my game! These fortune cookies definitely fit that bill and are so simple, you can pawn the task off on one of the kids! 🙂
Hey, that’s just good parenting.
You’ll need: Fortune Cookies, assorted sprinkles, and candy melts in the color of your choice. We are using Red, White, and Blue. These Candy Melts are made by Wilton and you can find them in the craft department at Wal Mart or most arts and crafts stores in the cake decorating section.
To begin with, line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. Then, place your first color candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 45 seconds, then stir. Repeat until melted and smooth.
Dip the middle of each fortune cookie in it and immediately top with sprinkles.
I just sprinkle them over. If you dip them in sprinkles it would be a little overkill but hey, who am I to tell you how to do it? Sometimes a little overkill is good so you just do you. 🙂
Repeat this process with your other colors and sprinkles and let the cookies sit on the lined baking sheet until hardened, about fifteen minutes or so. Store in airtight container until ready to serve. Enjoy!
- 12 store-bought fortune cookies
- 1/2 cup Wilton royal blue candy melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton white candy melts
- 1/2 cup Wilton red candy melts
- Patriotic nonpareils jimmies, and sprinkles of your choice
- Line a cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add the first color of candy melts to a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 45 seconds. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Dip 4 fortune cookies into the melted chocolate and place back on the lined cookie sheet.
- Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles before the chocolate hardens.
- Repeat with other candy melt colors.
- Wait 15 minutes for the chocolate on the cookies to harden before serving.
If you’d rather not run around for all of the ingredients, here is a quick list of links to everything on Amazon. Note: These items may be cheaper locally. I usually get my candy melts at Wal Mart or Michael’s and you can usually find seasonal sprinkles there as well.
- Fortune Cookies
- Wilton Royal Blue Candy Melts
- Wilton White Candy Melts
- Wilton Red Candy Melts
- Pepper Creek Farms All American Nonpareils, 3.25 Ounce
- Patriotic Jimmies
- Star Sprinkles
May we think of freedom, not as the right to do what we please, but as the opportunity to do what is right.
This recipe featured on Meal Plan Monday & Weekend Potluck!
I really love this idea! . Easy enough for grandkids to help with but oh so festive!
The fortune cookies are adorable