My easy homemade cherry cheesecake cookies recipe features the irresistible flavors of cheesecake in cookie form. Each melt-in-your-mouth cookie is topped with cream cheese icing and sweet cherry pie filling.
Do you like cheesecake? Cookies? Cream cheese icing? Cherry pie filling? If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions, you’re going to want to make a batch of these homemade cherry cheesecake cookies. They’re so soft and flavorful, they’re destined to melt in your mouth.
Thankfully, these mini cherry cheesecake cookies are so easy to make. All you need is to make the cookie dough using just four simple ingredients: butter, cream cheese, sugar, and flour. Once you knead the dough and shape it into balls, it’s time to bake your cookies! In less than 10 minutes they’ll be ready. Top your cheesecake cookies with cream cheese icing and cherry pie filling.
The cherry pie filling gives these cookies are festive touch, don’t you think? I’m sure no one will complain if you make them around the holidays or year-round! If you’re looking for other cookies to bake these holidays, check out my must-make Christmas cookies, thumbprint cookies recipe, pecan snowball cookies, and my recipe for spritz cookies.
- Cream cheese (here’s our easy-peasy recipe for homemade cream cheese).
- Cream cheese icing (you’ll find a recipe in this post)
- Cherry Pie Filling (optional)
Start by beating your butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
Gradually add in your sugar and flour.
Mix until well combined.
Then knead the with your hands and form a ball of dough.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Roll dough into 1 and ½-inch thick dough balls.
Flatten them out on the with the palm of your hand.
Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Just until the edges are slightly golden.
Top your mini cherry cheesecake cookies with my cream cheese icing and a spoonful of cherry pie filling.
Serve and enjoy!
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You can eat them warm or cold, but I personally love them straight out of the fridge. They’re the perfect cookie to make ahead of time.
- You can also store the baked cookies without the icing and filling in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight before adding the toppings.
- You can top your mini cheesecake cookies with whatever your heart desires:
- Pecan praline sauce (head to this post for a recipe and more cheesecake topping ideas).
- Homemade salted caramel sauce
- Lemon curd
- Chocolate ganache or dipped in melted chocolate.
- Any other flavor of pie filling, like blueberry, apple, or lemon.
- instead of icing.
- To make Oreo cheesecake cookies, fold 15 crushed Oreo cookies into your cake mix at the end. Top with the cream cheese icing and any leftover Oreos.
- To make strawberry cheesecake cookies, add 1/2 cup of fresh strawberries (diced small) to your cookie dough and then add more slices to the top of your cream cheese icing.
- If you like, you can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract or almond extract to your cookie dough, just before the ingredients are fully mixed.
- You can use either full-fat or reduced-fat cream cheese in this cookie recipe.
- Ensure your butter and cream cheese is at room temperature before mixing.
- If you can’t live without that signature graham cracker crust on your cheesecake, you can roll your balls of dough in graham cracker crumbs before placing them on the lined cookie sheet.
Check out these other cheesecake recipes:
- 1 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- cream cheese icing
- cherry pie filling optional
- Start by beating your butter and cream cheese together until smooth.1 cup butter, 8 ounces cream cheese
- Gradually add in your sugar and flour.1 3/4 cup sugar, 2 cups flour
- Mix until well combined, and then knead the cheesecake mixture with your hands and form a ball of dough.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough into 1 and ½-inch thick dough balls and flatten them out on the prepared baking sheet with the palm of your hand.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 8 minutes. Just until the edges are slightly golden.
- Let cool.
- Top with cream cheese icing and cherry pie filling. Then serve and enjoy!cream cheese icing, cherry pie filling