My homemade sugar-free cappuccino mix recipe is the perfect holiday gift. Treat your friends so they can make deliciously spiced and creamy cappuccinos at home.
This homemade cappuccino mix is special for two very important reasons:
1. It is a coffee drink!
2. Thanks to sugar-free products, I can actually drink it!
What a perfect gift for that person who is dieting or has to watch their sugar. At last, something for us! This sugar-free cappuccino mix couldn’t be easier to make. All you need to do is combine the ingredients in a bowl. Those ingredients I hear you ask? Instant coffee, Nesquik, powdered coffee creamer, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and Splenda.
The homemade coffee mix has the perfect blend of warm spices, sweetness, coffee, and creaminess. To gift, I pop some of the dry mix in a half-pint jar and add a festive tag with instructions (I’ve included them below too). Then to make a homemade cappuccino, all you or your loved ones need to do is combine a few tablespoons of the mix with hot water and voila, it’s coffee time!
- Instant coffee
- No sugar added Nesquik (or any brand no sugar added instant chocolate drink mix)
- Powdered coffee creamer
- Ground cinnamon
- Ground nutmeg
How to Make Homemade Cappuccino Mix
Put all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl in the quantities listed in the recipe below.
Stir that up well and yep, that’s it, you’ve made your cappuccino mix!
Of course, I am doubling this because y’all know how I like to double things!
I just put mine in a little half-pint jar and cut a circle of Christmas fabric with pinking shears to put under the screw-on ring.
I have tags available below to put on this too.
Now, how do you make a cappuccino from your mix?
All you need to do is add 3 tablespoons of cappuccino mix to 8 ounces of hot water, stir, and you have yourself a homemade cappuccino.
When stored in an airtight container in a cool dry place (like your pantry) this dry coffee mix will last up to 2 months.
- Now personally, I don’t care for nutmeg and I never have. However, I bought it just to use for this recipe and decided I’d put it in as the original recipe called for. I figured I’d change my mind and perhaps realize that I hadn’t given nutmeg a good chance before. Guess what? I learned that I just really don’t like nutmeg. If you do, that’s great! If you don’t, I would encourage you to leave it out and add more cinnamon in its place.
- If you don’t mind not being sugar-free, you can use any type of sugar in this recipe: granulated sugar, coconut sugar, brown sugar, you name it!
- Have fun with the coffee creamer and use any flavor you like, like hazelnut or french vanilla non-dairy creamer.
- If you want an even creamier cappuccino, substitute the hot water for hot milk instead.
Check out these other cozy drink recipes:
- 1.25 cups powdered coffee creamer
- 1 cup no sugar added chocolate drink mix (like Nesquik)
- 2/3 cup instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (or additional cinnamon)
- Mix all the ingredients together and store the mix in an airtight container.1.25 cups powdered coffee creamer, 1 cup no sugar added chocolate drink mix (like Nesquik), 2/3 cup instant coffee granules, 1/2 cup Splenda, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (or additional cinnamon)
- To prepare, place 3 tablespoons in a cup and add 8 ounces of hot water. Stir.
To get printer-ready tags for gift-giving, visit this link.
*There is still a bit of sugar in this recipe as it naturally occurs in milk products. Use your own discretion, please.
For other gift mixes visit here.