Chocolate Fudge Meltaways
Does it get any better than little bite size, hand held, puddles of chocolate cream cheese fudge that melt in your mouth? All that is needed to make these wondrous confections is a bowl, a mixer, and a few minutes of your time, which makes it the perfect recipe when Christmas is coming at you like a freight train. 🙂
The printable recipe card for these Chocolate Fudge Meltaways is at the bottom of this post but to avoid keeping you in suspense, you’ll need: cream cheese, butter, cocoa powder, vanilla, lemon juice, milk, and confectioner’s sugar.
- Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of cocoa powder, vanilla, lemon juice, and milk, and beat again until fully mixed.
- Add confectioner’s sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each and scraping down the sides of the bowl, until thick and very sticky like cookie dough (you may not need all of the confectioner’s sugar so stop when it has the consistency of cookie dough).
Stir together remaining cocoa powder and 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar in a small bowl. Pinch off small portions of the dough and roll into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball into cocoa/sugar mixture. Tap to remove excess. Repeat until all dough is used.
Press down lightly on top of each ball with the tines of a fork to flatten and imprint design.
Store the Chocolate Fudge Meltaways, covered, in refrigerator, until ready to serve. Will keep for up to two weeks.
These Chocolate Fudge Meltaways are decadently easy little treats!
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temp
- 3 tablespoons butter at room temp
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 6-7 cups confectioner's sugar plus an additional 1/4 cup for dipping
- Place cream cheese and butter in large mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy, 1-2 minutes. Add 1/2 cup cocoa powder, vanilla, lemon juice, and milk and beat again until well combined.
- Add 6-7 cups confectioner's sugar, one cup at a time, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl after each additional. Keep adding sugar until dough is sticky and thick like cookie dough. Will likely use at least 6 cups but may not need the whole 7.
- Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons cocoa powder with 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar in a small bowl until no lumps remain. Pinch dough off and form into one inch balls before rolling in cocoa powder/sugar mixture.
- Press down lightly on each ball with the tines of a fork to flatten and imprint a pattern. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve. Can be stored in fridge for up to two weeks if all ingredients are fresh.
To succeed in life you need three things: A wishbone, a backbone, and a funny bone.