I LOVE the crunchy deliciousness of fried ice cream so today we’re using that to make an over the top Fried Ice Cream Milkshake to help you get through the heat of summer.
Impress your family by going a few steps beyond just throwing ice cream in a blender and get ready for huge smiles of appreciation! After all, if anyone in your life is worth a little star treatment it’s them!
Recipe Ingredients you’ll need:
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Corn Flakes (plain)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Good quality Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Chocolate Syrup 🙂
The full recipe is in printable format below and makes two large shakes.
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 cups Kellogg's cornflakes cereal - slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar mixture divided
- 4 cups vanilla ice cream
- 1 cup milk
- Honey to garnish
- Chocolate syrup to garnish
- Whipped cream to garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, add the corn flakes, graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar. Stir to mix. Do not crush cornflakes in a food processor. Instead, slightly crush them with your hands.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan under medium heat.
- Add the cornflake mixture to the frying pan and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from stove and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour honey on a plate and dip the rims of each serving glass in it. Immediately place each rim in the fried cornflakes to coat. Set aside.
- Add the ice cream, milk and 1/4 cinnamon sugar to a blender and blend until desired consistency is achieved.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup inside your serving glasses (on the sides).
- Pour the milkshake into each serving glass. Add whipped cream and drizzle chocolate syrup on top.
- Generously spoon the fried cornflake mixture all over the whipped cream. ENJOY!!
Check out these amazing Summer Dessert Recipes:
Ice Cream Recipes:
Pies of Summer:
- Mini Blueberry Pie from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Pie from Daily Dish Recipes
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cookies & Cream Mini Bundt Cakes from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Chocolate Malted Milkshake Cake from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
- Layered Strawberry Shortcake from Southern From Scratch
No Bake Treats:
- Blueberry Cheesecake Chimichangas from Home Sweet Homestead
- Lemon Cheesecake with Lemon Curd Topping from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Caramel Heath Ricotta Cheesecake Bars from The Whimsy One
- Banana Pudding Cake from A Blender Mom
- Blueberry French Toast Shortcakes from For the Love of Food
- Apple Dumplings from Jen Around the World
- Cinnamon Sugar Blueberry Banana Bread from The Spiffy Cookie
- Blueberry Cobbler from Bowl Me Over