Frozen turtle pie is a mix of gooey caramel, chocolate, and crunchy pecans in a buttery delicious crust. It’s a frozen fiesta of flavors, a delectable and indulgent bite!
Today’s post is for an absolutely delicious Frozen Turtle Pie. I know it sounds decadent (and it is) but the beauty of it is that you can actually make it significantly lower in sugar with just a few substitutions.
What You’ll Need to Make Frozen Turtle Pie:
- Caramel Topping
- Sugar-Free Chocolate Pudding (small box)
- Whipped Topping
- Chocolate Shell
- Chocolate Pie Crust
How to Make Frozen Turtle Pie:
So we take our milk and pour it into a mixing bowl and dump in our pudding mix and beat it until mixed well.
Then we add in that tub of cool whip.
**Lighter option: Try using sugar-free pudding and light cool whip. It will still have sugar but it will have a whole lot less, and this Frozen Turtle Pie is no less decadent because of it!
We then have a nice creamy pudding but the beauty of this is, after you freeze it, it tastes just like chocolate ice cream.
Pour that luscious caramel into your chocolate pie crust. Then tilt it a bit until the caramel covers the bottom.
Sprinkle pecans all over that.
Spoon all of the pudding mixture over it. It will be very full.
Now cover it and freeze.
See the handy thing about using a store bought crust for this is that great little cover!
When you’re ready to serve, remove from freezer and squirt a border of frozen whipped cream around the edges.
Drizzle some Magic Shell over the frozen turtle pie and place that in the freezer for about five minutes, uncovered, just to solidify the magic shell over the whipped cream part.
Add some pecans around the border for decoration if you like.
Look how deliciously decadent that looks!
Serve this delicious Frozen Turtle Pie to your favorite people or just keep it stored in the freezer and ration it out a piece at a time, to yourself!
- Small box instant chocolate pudding can use sugar free - 4 serving size
- 1 +1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounce container whipped topping Can use light
- 1 cup caramel
- 6 ounce chocolate pie crust
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Chocolate Magic Shell
- squirt whipped cream canned, for garnish
- pecan halves to garnish
- In large mixing bowl, place instant pudding and milk. Beat well, scraping down sides as needed, until pudding is dissolved, about two minutes. Add in whipped topping and mix until well blended, about a minute.
- Spread caramel in the bottom of pie crust. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Spoon Chocolate Pudding mixture over. Cover and place in freezer until firm.
- Before serving,squirt a border of canned whipped topping around the edges. Drizzle a zig zag pattern of magic shell over the entire top of the pie and place in freezer, uncovered, for five minute to help set.
- Press pecans into the border for decoration, if desired. Allow to sit out for five to ten minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
You may also like these other Turtle Dessert recipes:
WHAT YOU ARE TO BE —YOU ARE NOW BECOMING.
~Unknown. Submitted by Tom Crews