Turn plain chicken breasts into a mouthwatering meal thanks to this Marry Me Chicken recipe. The unbelievable sauce is so flavorful, with seasonings, sundried tomatoes, chicken broth, cream, and freshly grated parmesan cheese. Get ready for your partner to get down on one knee after this 😉
In honor of Valentine’s Day, it felt only right to share this Marry Me Chicken recipe. It’s been making the rounds on TikTok lately, but this recipe is nothing new. “” has been around for decades and got its name because it’s SO good and SO delicious that when you serve it to your partner, they’ll be so in love with the dish and you that they’ll propose! Imagine that 🙂
Fortunately, it takes just 40 minutes to prep and cook this chicken dish, making it a great dinner for busy weeknights. You quickly cook the chicken, prep the delicious sauce, and then bake it quickly in the oven. Serve this tender chicken dish alongside your favorite side dishes (I’ve included plenty of options below). While it is meant to entice marriage, it’s also a crowd-pleasing family favorite in my house.
But can we take a moment to talk about this sauce, because let me tell you, the flavor is out of this world! Dried thyme, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, chicken broth, heavy cream, garlic, sundried tomatoes, and freshly grated parmesan cheese combine to make the most deliciously rich and flavorful sauce. If this doesn’t get you a marriage proposal I don’t know what will 😉.
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cloves of garlic, minced
- Dried thyme
- Dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes
- Chicken broth (can use low sodium)
- Heavy cream
- Sundried tomatoes, chopped
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
In a large oven-safe skillet or a cast-iron skillet if you have it, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
by adding salt and pepper to both sides of the chicken breast.
Cook each side of the chicken for about 5 minutes each. Transfer chicken to a plate lined with paper towel and set it to the side.
Add the minced garlic to the skillet while it’s hot and cook for 1 minute or until you can smell the aroma. Add the spices (thyme and oregano) and then the red pepper flakes.
Next, add the chicken broth…
And then the heavy cream.
Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
Dump in the sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese.
Stir well until our Marry Me Chicken sauce looks something like this.
Add the cooked chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top.
Bake for 18-20 minutes in the oven-safe skillet or until the chicken is cooked through.
How good does the baked Marry Me Chicken look?
Add more sauce to your chicken once plated and serve it with your favorite side dishes.
I simply paired it with steamed broccoli florets and rice, but I’ve included more serving suggestions below.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply reheat in the microwave before serving. Because this is a creamy sauce, I don’t recommend freezing.
- If you prefer, you can use chicken thigh instead of chicken breast.
- Top your Marry Me Chicken with like fresh basil or fresh parsley.
What do you serve with Marry Me Chicken?
Serve your chicken with your favorite starch, whether that’s rice, cauliflower rice, pasta, couscous, roasted potatoes, or mashed potatoes. I also recommend serving it with your preferred vegetable side dish, like zucchini and squash, fresh green beans, grilled asparagus, roasted Brussel sprouts, or steamed broccoli.
Here are more delicious chicken-based main dishes:
Easy Chicken and Dumplings With Biscuits
Grilled Chicken Tenders (No Grill Needed)
How To Make Chicken Noodle Soup
Our Family’s Southern Chicken Stew Recipe
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth can use low sodium
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large oven-safe skillet or a cast-iron skillet if you have it, heat the olive oil over medium heat.1 tbsp olive oil
- Add the salt and pepper to both sides of the chicken breast and then cook each side of the chicken for about 5 minutes each. Move the chicken to a plate with paper towel and set it to the side.3-4 chicken breasts, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper
- Add the minced garlic to the skillet while it’s hot and cook for 1 minute or until you can smell the aroma. Add the spices (thyme and oregano) and then the red pepper flakes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.3 cloves of garlic, minced, 1 tsp dried thyme, 1/2 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes, 3/4 cup chicken broth, 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Dump in the sundried tomatoes and parmesan cheese and stir. Add the cooked chicken to the skillet and spoon the sauce over the top.1/2 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped, 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Bake for 18-20 minutes in the oven-safe skillet or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve up with your favorite side dishes.
Is the sauce supposed to be thick? Mine isn’t, I baked it in the oven in a skillet with a lid, wonder if that’s why it isn’t tiick
I want to double this recipe for a family get together. I would put it in a 9 x 13 casserole dish with an insulated tote, and take either buttered noodles or mashed potatoes that could either be a side or a base for topping with the chicken and sauce. Souds wonderful!
Do you use dry packed sun-dried tomatoes, or the oil packed ones, or does it matter? Haven’t used them very much but this looks delicious and a good dinner for the two of us with nice leftovers! Thanks for something different.
This looks amazing!! I hope to try it this week!
This does look scrumptious! I don’t use sun dried tomatoes much. Would a little tomato paste provide the same flavor profile?
Looks so good, definitely printing this one! But I don’t think I am going to bake it, just return seared chicken to sauce and simmer on stove top til cooked and thickened. Looks like it might dry up all the sauce if you bake it. Very yummy looking.