This recipe for Oreo Brownies is rich, fudgey and studded with chunks of Oreo cookies!
This post is in no way sponsored or affiliated with Oreo.
The one thing that is always a win and always welcomed in my house is brownies. Seriously, they’re like Disneyworld, they make everyone happy. I think they may be my son’s first love.
The second thing my son loves are Oreo cookies. He is an Oreo nut. I have no idea why.
Share With Friends, Teachers, and Family
So on his last day of traditional high school, I made him a batch of Oreo Stuffed Brownies to share with friends and his favorite teacher. It was a fitting note of sweetness to close one chapter and open another as he prepares to start early college in the fall.
Easy To Make at the Last Minute
No matter how big he gets, he’s still my baby – and my baby likes Oreos. He also likes asking his mother to bake something at the last minute. So today I’m giving you a recipe that accommodates both of those criteria. Let’s get to it!
- Brownie Mix
- White Chocolate Chips
- You’ll also need whatever your brownie mix says to add to mix them up according to package directions.
What Brownie Mix Is Best For Brownies?
You can choose your favorite, but I tell you what… I LOVE this Ghirardelli brownie mix! In fact, if I’m going to make them from a mix this is the only kind I use these days. So that is just to let you know that if you haven’t tried it, you really should. I usually get mine at Big Lots. It runs around $2 a box there but there are two times a year when you can get 20% off your entire purchase (the friends and family sale event) so that is when I stock up on mixes and canned goods there, making this around $1.60 per box.
Note: This post is in no way affiliated or a sponsored by Ghirardelli, either.
How to Make Oreo Brownies
- Mix up your brownies according to package directions.
- Add in ten broken Oreo cookies.
- Stir to incorporate.
- Spread batter into greased 8×8 baking dish. Bake according to brownie mix package directions.
As soon as the brownies come out of the oven, break up the remaining Oreo cookies and put on top. Very gently press them down just a little. Allow to cool completely.
Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for thirty seconds at a time, stirring in between each, until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes and place melted chocolate into a zipper seal freezer bag.
Snip corner off the bag and pipe melted chocolate in a zig zag over the top of brownies. Allow chocolate to cool and harden before cutting and serving.
Okay, now that’s pretty 🙂
Enjoy! Or do as I do, and watch your teenage son enjoy 🙂
Best of all, these are quick and easy, too!
- 1 box double chocolate brownie mix 8x8 pan size, prepared according to directions
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 12 ounces white chocolate chips
- After mixing up brownie mix in a bowl, break up 10 cookies and stir in.
- Spread batter in a greased 8x8 baking dish and bake according to time and temperature on brownie mix box.
- As soon as you remove brownies from oven, break up remaining cookies and place on top, pressing down very lightly. Allow to cool completely.
- Pour chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave for thirty seconds at a time, stirring in between each, until melted and smooth. Allow to cool for a few minutes and place melted chocolate into a zipper seal freezer bag.
- Snip corner off the bag and pipe melted chocolate in a zig zag over the top of brownies. Allow chocolate to cool and harden before cutting and serving.
I hope everyone that is reading this is having a really good day. And if you are not, just know that in every new minute that passes you have an opportunity to change that.