Low Sugar Chocolate Mousse for one takes care of those chocolate cravings and you will want to savor every bite.
More and more subscribers are asking for low carb and low sugar recipes that actually taste good. So I wanted to tell you about this quick and easy treat Chocolate Mousse. There was so much interest that I occurred to me it might be a good recipe to post. It has very low sugar, low to medium amount of carbs per serving and because of its fat content will likely be ok in moderation on a keto eating plan.
This is a recipe for one but it can easily be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled for two or more. If you aren’t concerned about the sugar you can make it with regular sugar or you can use your favorite sweetener (as I do) for a low sugar dessert. It takes all of one minute to make and really helps fill that need for chocolate that rises up from time to time.
To make this low sugar chocolate mousse recipe you’ll need
- Cream cheese softened (click here for our homemade cream cheese recipe)
- Heavy Cream (same thing as whipping cream)
- Cocoa powder
- Sweetener of your choice I used Swerve or sugar. Nutritional Fact in recipe calculated with Swerve sweetener.
How to Make Low Sugar Chocolate Mousse Step by Step
Most folks would tell you to whip your cream first but I’m all about simplification and getting mess done, so let’s just throw all ingredients in a large mixing bowl at the same time, then beat on high with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
How Long Should I Beat This With My Mixer?
If you aren’t sure what that is, just basically wait until it gets so thick that after the beater moves through it, the ridges where it went are still visible and don’t fall back down.
You need to sweeten this to your taste. I will tell you right off that mine is just lightly sweet so you might want to add a bit more sweet stuff.
Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Best if consumed within one day of preparation.
- 3 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons Swerve*
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Place all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with electric mixer until stiff peaks form, scraping down sides as needed to make sure all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate. Best if consumed the same day it is made. Top with whipped cream, if desired.
You may also enjoy these chocolate recipes:
“No pressure, no diamonds.”
You might also enjoy this recipe! Low Carb Chocolate No Bake Cookies