Made with just 5 ingredients, these puff pastry meatball marinara bites are fluffy and cheesy goodness and the perfect appetizer.
Why You’ll Love Puff Pastry Meatball Marinara Bites:
Puff pastry meatball marinara bites are a delightful twist on a classic comfort food favorite. These delectable morsels combine the flaky, buttery goodness of puff pastry with savory meatballs and rich marinara sauce. The puff pastry adds a delightful textural contrast to the tender meatballs, providing a crispy, golden-brown exterior that complements the saucy, meaty filling perfectly. Each bite is a delightful explosion of flavors and textures, making them an ideal appetizer or party snack that will surely please a crowd.
The beauty of puff pastry meatball marinara bites lies in their versatility. They can be served as a mouthwatering appetizer at cocktail parties, game day gatherings, or as a quick and easy weeknight dinner option. The combination of juicy meatballs, zesty marinara sauce, and the irresistible flakiness of puff pastry creates a harmonious and indulgent experience that’s sure to leave your taste buds craving for more. Whether enjoyed as a snack or part of a meal, these bites are a delicious and convenient way to savor the classic flavors of meatball marinara in a delightful bite-sized form.
Ingredients You’ll Need to Make Puff Pastry Meatball Marinara Bites:
- Spaghetti Sauce (I used garlic and it was wonderful)
- Meatballs (my homemade recipe) or store bought frozen ones that have been precooked)
- Mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 puff pastry sheets
Helpful Kitchen Tools
How to Make Puff Pastry Meatball Marinara Bites:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Thaw puff pastry (1 sheet for 12, 2 sheets for 24). Unroll the puff pastry on a floured surface to the size of a muffin pan.
Place the muffin pan on top of the dough and press down, creating little indentations.
The indentations should look like this.
Use the indents to guide your cutting of 12 squares, one for each of the 12 muffin cups.
Spray the muffin pan with non stick spray and place a dough square in each muffin well, pressing down to the sides.
**If you’re looking to level-up your muffin tin game, you HAVE to try this muffin tin by Caraway! It’s our favorite!!
Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown.
Once removed, use a wooden spoon and immediately press down the center to make room for the meatball.
Fill each cup with 1/2 tablespoon spaghetti sauce…
…1 cooked meatball…
***If you use frozen precooked meatballs, you can simply cook them in the microwave or oven before doing this part.***
…and top with mozzarella cheese.
Return bites to oven and bake for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.
- 1-2 sheets Puff Pastry sheets
- 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 12-24 Meatballs frozen, precooked. Either store bought or homemade - you'll need 1 meatball for every two bites
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thaw out 1 sheet for 12, or 2 sheets for 24 meatball puff things. Unroll it out on a floured surface to the size of a muffin pan. Place the muffin pan on top of the dough and press down, creating little indentations. Use the indents to guide your cutting of 12 squares for the cups.
- Spray the muffin pan with non stick spray and place a dough square in each muffin well, pressing down to the sides. Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Once removed, use a wooden spoon and immediately press down the center to make room for the meatball. Fill each cup with 1/2 tablespoon spaghetti sauce, 1 cooked meatball, and top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese.