Everyone knows that no game day spread is complete without an ooey-gooey cheesy snack and this cheeseburger dip with two different types of cheese, ground beef, and green chiles delivers on this front.
Everyone knows that no list of food for football is complete without an ooey-gooey cheesy dip. This spicy and hearty cheeseburger dip recipe certainly ticks that box! Serve it at your next party, summer cookout, or Super Bowl event, and watch it disappear in an instant. No one can resist the mouthwatering combination of Velveeta, mozzarella cheese, ground beef, diced tomatoes, and green chiles. When combined, this dip tastes like a gooey cheeseburger. It sounds weird, but trust me when I say this party dip tastes delicious!
Now, many recipes for cheeseburger dip use a slow cooker. But we’re keeping things super simple today (sorry ) and just microwaving the ingredients together. Yep, once you cook the beef, it takes just 5 minutes to combine the ingredients and melt that ooey-gooey cheese in the microwave. You’ll be serving it alongside crackers and veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, and carrot sticks in under 30 minutes. That’s my kind of game-day snack!
Thanks to Velveeta for partnering with me on this post and helping me bring you the video in the recipe card below. I hope you enjoy it! P.S. Another one of my favorite Velveeta recipes is my Velveeta bowtie pasta salad.
- Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product
- Rotel diced tomato with green chiles
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Ground beef
- Green onion
How to Make Cheeseburger Dip
Mix all ingredients together, except onions, in a microwaveable bowl.
in the microwave, on high, for 5 minutes or until the Velveeta cheese is melted. Stir after 3 minutes. Once done, stir in the chopped green onion.
Serve your dip with crackers, potato chips, or assorted cut-up fresh vegetables.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. But trust me when I say it won’t last that long!
- Here are some variations to make this cheeseburger dip recipe your own:
- Garnish with a chopped dill pickle or crispy fried onions.
- Add cooked bacon crumbles to make . I mean, who can say no to ?
- Substitute the ground beef for ground turkey.
- Add more seasoning when you cook the . For example, 1 tablespoon of , 1 teaspoon , and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve it like a cheeseburger with shredded lettuce on top. Go one step further and add condiments like ketchup and yellow mustard.
- Substitute the mozzarella cheese or combine it with your favorite type of shredded cheese, like Monterey Jack cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, or a Mexican cheese blend.
- If you’d prefer no spice, omit the green chiles and simply use a diced tomato can only.
- You can also serve your dip with baguette slices, potato chips for that delicious salty crunch, pita chips, waffle fries, or tortilla chips.
You may also like these other delectable dips:
- 16 oz VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes & green chiles undrained (I used mild)
- 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 4 sliced green onions
- Mix all ingredients, except the onions, together in a microwaveable bowl.16 oz VELVEETA Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes & green chiles, 1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese, 1/2 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- Heat in the microwave, on high, for 5 minutes or until the Velveeta is melted. Stir after 3 minutes. When done, stir in the chopped green onion.4 sliced green onions
- Serve with crackers and assorted cut-up fresh vegetables.
Life may not always be the party we hoped for but while we are here we might as well dance .
Submitted by Karen. Submit your quote here.
Transparency Disclosure: I have partnered with VELVEETA to serve as one of five VELVEETA it! Kitchenistas. I have been compensated for my time commitment to the program, which includes vlogging about my cooking experiences with VELVEETA and developing one original VELVEETA-based recipe. I have also been compensated for the food purchased for my VELVEETA vlogs. However, my opinions are entirely my own and I have not been paid to publish positive comments – because that wouldn’t be right anyway. 🙂