Today, I want to talk about fudgey, not too sweet, recipe for banana brownies. These bad boys are topped with a honey peanut butter icing that comes together in a flash.
These banana brownies are a great way to use up overripe bananas and they are one of those treats that hit that sweet note without going too far, and fill you up enough to count as an actual snack rather than merely a treat. 🙂 I love desserts like that.
How to Make Banana Brownies
These are simple to make, throw it all together in a mixing bowl, pour batter into an 8×8, then make the icing by simply heating up a single bowl in the microwave and stirring.
My kids love them. In fact, my whole family does. A great recipe to add to your banana recipe arsenal for those days when you hate to let them go to waste but may not be in the mood for banana bread.
- 2 small to medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, at room temp
- 1 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch or 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Place brown sugar and peeled bananas in a medium sized mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until bananas are liquified. Add in all other blondie ingredients. Mix again with electric mixer until fully combined. Pour batter into greased 8x8 baking dish and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes, or until set in center.
To make icing:
- Combine peanut butter and honey in a 2 cup measuring cup or small bowl. Microwave at 30 second intervals until peanut butter is melted enough to stir together. Stir until smooth. Add in confectioner's sugar and stir until smooth and creamy. Spread over blondies. Allow to cool before serving.
Other banana recipes we dearly love:
- Banana Bread
- Banana Crumb Cake
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Bananas
- Banana Pudding
- Frozen Banana Pudding