Celebrate this Independence Day in style with these easy and delicious Patriotic Cake Truffles!
Cake truffles are all the rage with the younger crowd right now and those of us in the older crowd are catching on quick to how convenient little bites of cake with icing inside and chocolate coating really are.
Today I’m bringing you a great recipe to whip up for your Fourth of July celebration. These can be made a couple of days ahead of time (I’d keep them in the fridge) and they travel really well. They’re also awfully pretty :).
- Yields: 2 dozen
- 1 15.25 oz Pillsbury blue raspberry cake mix or flavor of your choice
- 3 eggs for cake
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for cake
- 1 cup water for cake
- 1 cup vanilla frosting homemade or store bought
- 1/2 cup red white and blue jimmies sprinkles, divided
- Wilton Candy melts in colors of your choice or white almond bark
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Allow the cake to completely cool.
- Once cooled, break the cake up into small pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Add 1 cup of vanilla frosting and 1/4 cup red, white and blue jimmies sprinkles. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Line a large cookie sheet with wax or parchment paper. Set aside. Roll the chilled cake mixture into 1 inch balls and place on the lined cookie sheet.
- Add white or colored candy melts to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 45 seconds. Stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each cake ball into the melted candy melts and place on the lined cookie sheet. Immediately sprinkle with the remaining red, white and blue jimmies sprinkles.
“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.”
~Rabindranath Tagore. Submitted by Jenny. Click here to submit your favorite quotes.Yum