Celebrate anytime with this sensational strawberry jello pie recipe. This easy no-bake creamy pie is made for strawberry fans, with both strawberry jello and fresh strawberry slices.
Nothing screams beautiful weather like a punnet of fresh strawberries, so why not turn that into this creamy strawberry jello pie? It takes just five ingredients to make this pie recipe: strawberry jello (of course), whipped topping, fresh strawberries, a store-bought graham cracker crust, and water (both hot and cold). Fortunately, it’s so easy to make and there’s no baking required, just some chill time in the fridge for it to set.
One of my favorite parts about this strawberry jello pie recipe is that it makes enough pie filling for two pie shells. So keep one for you and your family and then take one to your next summer gathering. No one can turn down a slice of strawberry pie (it’s a fact). It’s simultaneously fresh, creamy, and oh-so-sweet.
Before we get started, I’ve got a couple of other strawberry pie recipes you might like: fresh strawberry pie recipe and strawberry cream pie. There’s a strawberry pie for every occasion!
- Boiling water
- JELL-O Strawberry Flavor
- Ice-cold water
- Cool whip
- Ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust
- Strawberries (sliced)
Get the water boiling while you work on the other ingredients.
Stir together the boiling water and strawberry Jello for two minutes until completely dissolved.
Next, add the ice-cold water to the to make the gelatin and stir until it starts to thicken.
With a whisk, add in 2 cups of cool whip and the sliced strawberries to the .
Stir until everything is mixed really well.
Then pop the pie filling in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Pour it out into the prepared pie shell and smooth it over.
Refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight before serving.
It does take a while to set it may even take a bit longer than 4 hours depending on your fridge and environment.
Serve your strawberry jello pie with homemade whipped cream and sliced strawberries on top. It nearly looks too good to eat (nearly 😉).
Store pie leftovers in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 3 days. I don’t recommend freezing the pie (lucky it’s super easy to make).
- Here are some different substitutions and variations to make this jello pie your own:
- Swap the strawberry jello for a different jello flavor and fun color, like grape jello for a purple pie!
- Serve your pie with a dollop of whipped cream, Cool Whip, or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Decorate with fresh fruit like strawberries and blueberries, shaved chocolate, or a maraschino cherry.
- Swap the graham cracker pie crust for chocolate graham crackers or an Oreo crust. You could also make a homemade pie crust.
- I recommend using fresh strawberries over frozen strawberries in this pie recipe.
Can I make my jello pie in advance?
This strawberry jello pie recipe is actually a great option when you need to make a summer dessert ahead of time, as it needs to sit in the fridge for at least four hours or overnight before serving. So you can definitely make it a couple of days before any event.
Check out these other delicious pie recipes:
Easy Pumpkin Pie Recipe From Scratch
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1 package JELL-O Strawberry Flavor 3 ounces
- 1 cup ice-cold water
- 1 tub cool whip 16 ounces
- 1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust 9-inch
- 8-10 strawberries (sliced)
- Get the water boiling while you work on the other ingredients.2/3 cup boiling water
- Stir together the boiling water and strawberry Jello powder for two minutes until completely dissolved.2/3 cup boiling water, 1 package JELL-O Strawberry Flavor
- Next, add the ice-cold water to the jello mixture to make the gelatin and stir until it starts to thicken.1 cup ice-cold water
- With a whisk, add in 2 cups of cool whip and the sliced strawberries and stir until everything is mixed really well.1 tub cool whip, 8-10 strawberries (sliced)
- Pop the pie filling in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then pour it out into the prepared pie shell and smooth it over. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight before serving. It does take a while to set. It may even take a bit longer than 4 hours depending on your fridge and environment.1 ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust
This dessert is light, refreshing and so very delicious! It is so easy a child can make it. My favorite version is strawberry, but it is also delicious in other fruit flavors and you can “customize” it by adding fresh/canned fruit or just enjoy it as is. We love this all year round, especially after a big meal, where a cake or more elaborate dessert would be too heavy.
I have made this pie for years. My recipe calls for folding in 2 cups chopped berries. I also make it with peach jello and peaches. DELICIOUS!!!
My Mother used to make this in summertime. Always one of my favorite desserts. So light, and delicious. I have been looking for this recipe for a long time. Thank you for sharing!
You are so welcome!