There are varying levels of fame with all things but this Egg Drop Soup is up in the higher tier in my little world. I have received countless recipe requests for it over the years – it is the one recipe I keep promising myself I will put on my website, if only to be able to pass on a link when folks ask for it!
Well today I am proud to be sharing it at last. We like to have this on the nights that I make my Chicken Fried Rice, Chicken Teriyaki, or Beef and Broccoli. It’s a great addition to an Asian inspired meal made at home!
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dark sesame oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large saucepan, stir together cornstarch, broth, ginger, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Slowly pour eggs into broth mixture, stirring with fork, until eggs are cooked, approximately 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and sesame oil. Top with mushrooms and green onion.
Guess what? This recipe is part of the Southern Plate Suppers Magazine on news stands now! You can pick up a copy of this magazine most places magazines are sold or you can save yourself the trip and purchase it online with free shipping by clicking here. This is a special re-issue of the Southern Plate Magazine that was on news stands in 2013, with revised content and a new cover. So if you have the original one and are a collector, you’ll definitely want to pick it up, if you don’t have the original one then you’re missing out on a whole collection of my recipes that have not been published anywhere else! This magazine is only available for a limited time and then it will be gone forever.
Once you get a copy, share a photo of you with it on my facebook page for a chance to win copies for your friends! I’ll choose one photo each week to feature and send you three copies to give away!
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” ~Maya AngelouYum