How to Make Chicken Teriyaki with Brown Rice
Make this Fresh & Fast Chicken Teriyaki with Brown Rice even more low carb (keto friendly) by substituting cauliflower rice for brown rice see why here.
Two weeks ago I shared my Beef and Broccoli recipe with y’all. It used to be one of our favorite takeout meals until I started making it at home, and then it quickly became one of our favorite homemade meals.
Well this one is at the top of my personal list of “Things I really like to eat”. I usually make a double recipe for supper (the recipe serves 4) so I can put some in lunch sized servings and enjoy it throughout the week. In fact, I had some for breakfast this morning. I know I know, it doesn’t look like breakfast but if this chicken teriyaki is sitting in your fridge it will be calling your name until you finish it off too.
Fresh and Fast
This is a Fast and Fresh chicken teriyaki recipe meal comes together faster than a prairie fire with a tailwind! You can use whatever veggies you have on hand or prefer in place of the ones I have chosen. Sometimes I add squash, mushrooms, zucchini, and even tomatoes, but the fallback for chicken teriyaki is always broccoli and carrots.
Ingredients to Make Chicken Teriyaki Low Carb
To make this, you’ll need:
- Matchstick cut carrots*
- Boneless skinless chicken cut into bite size pieces,
- Vegetable oil (just a scant amount)
- Garlic powder
- Teriyaki sauce
- Brown rice or cauliflower rice
Instructions to Make Chicken Teriyaki with Rice
- Place oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in all veggies, garlic powder (above) and sauce (see below)
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until veggies are tender, about ten minutes.
Serve over hot cooked rice, topped with additional sauce if desired.
- • 2 cups uncooked Brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- • 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- • 2 cups broccoli or veggie of choice
- • 2 cups matchstick carrots or veggie of choice
- • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- Place oil in large skillet and heat over medium high heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently, until chicken is lightly browned and no longer pink in the center, 5-7 minutes.
- Add vegetables, garlic powder, and teriyaki sauce to skillet. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, until vegetables are tender, about ten minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice.
- *If feeding a larger or hungrier crowd, double the amount of rice and load up on veggies. If you double the veggies, double the sauce and garlic powder as well.
Tips about this Chicken Teriyaki recipe
*A word about veggies: Feel free to use whatever vegetables you want in this. I’d shoot for adding about four cups but you can add more or less if you like. So if you don’t like broccoli or carrots, just make this your own and put whatever in their place.
**About the salt, I put that in the water with the rice, just a smidge. It probably shouldn’t be in this photograph as it is purely optional. Feel free to ignore it.
“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”