There are varying levels of fame with all things but this Egg Drop Soup is up in the higher tier in my little world. I have received countless recipe requests for it over the years – it is the one recipe I keep promising myself I will put on my website, if only to be able to pass on a link when folks ask for it! And here it is.
How to Make Egg Drop Soup At Home
This light delicious and healthy soup is a recipe that is quick and easy to make from scratch.
It’s a great addition to an Asian inspired meal made at home!
- 1 ½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cups chicken broth
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon dark sesame oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onion
- In a large saucepan, stir together cornstarch, broth, ginger, and garlic salt. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Slowly pour eggs into broth mixture, stirring with fork, until eggs are cooked, approximately 1 minute. Stir in vinegar and sesame oil. Top with mushrooms and green onion.
Here are other Asian inspired meals that you may enjoy along with the Egg Drop Soup:
“Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.” ~Maya Angelou