Imagine broccoli with a nice, thick, cheese sauce. Now add in tender chunks of chicken. Now take that cheese sauce and transform it to a more flavorful version – made with pimiento cheese. Seriously. It is broccoli nirvana!
I could eat this dish morning, noon, and night for weeks and still be happy. What’s more impressive is that my husband (Mr. Picky Eater) likes it, too!
This is good, old fashioned comfort food in a skillet but it naturally fits into a low carb way of eating as well. We can all enjoy this dish, though, if you’re traveling the low carb road with me right now or on a different road entirely.
I do have to hurry up and write this post, though, because staring at this is making me want to cook it again for supper tonight so I’ve got to go get some more Price*s….
To make this, you’ll need: boneless skinless chicken breasts (Cut into bite sized pieces), raw broccoli (frozen will work), butter, Heavy Cream (can use half and half or milk), and Pimiento Cheese
To begin with, melt your butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
Add your chicken and cook, stirring often, until browned and done on the inside.
Add your broccoli to the skillet and continue cooking, stirring often, for about five minutes.
After this, reduce heat to low and cover. Let this cook on it’s own for about ten minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
Like this :).
Remove this all to a bowl so you can make your cheese sauce in this same skillet.
Place entire tub of pimiento cheese and heavy cream in the skillet.
Increase heat to medium low.
Stir this constantly until it is melted and smooth. This will only take a few minutes.
Add chicken and broccoli back to skillet and spoon sauce over, or spoon sauce over chicken and broccoli in a large serving bowl.
If you are a cheesy broccoli lover, get ready to meet your soul mate in this dish!
P.S. You might want to make double 🙂
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2-4 cups fresh broccoli can use frozen
- 11 ounces Pimento Cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half can use milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- Place butter in large skillet over medium high heat until just melted. Add chicken and cook, stirring often, until chicken is browned and no longer pink in the center.
- Add broccoli and continue cooking, stirring often, for about five minutes. Reduce heat to low and cover. Allow to cook for ten minutes, or until broccoli is tender.
- Remove broccoli and chicken to a large bowl and set aside. Place pimiento cheese and cream in skillet. Increase temperature to medium low and cook, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted, smooth, and a nice sauce is formed. This will just take a few minutes.
- Return chicken and broccoli to skillet and stir to coat, or pour cheese sauce over chicken and broccoli in the serving bowl.
“The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.”