This dish with it’s sweet blended honey sauce coating tender bits of meat, assorted veggies, and noodles has become a weekly favorite at our house since I first whipped it up about two months ago. I always seem to have everything I need on hand, especially considering the ease of substituting in this, and it can be thrown together using only one skillet and a few minutes of my time.
So lets make a delicious Quick Pork Tenderloin Skillet supper out of them, shall we?
- Soy Sauce
- 2 packages of Ramen*
- 16 ounce bag of frozen mixed vegetables – any variety you want.
- See the meat I am using a little further down..
Scroll further down to get to the printable recipe card.
*You can use Ramen in the cups or in the little square packages and it doesn’t matter if it is Chicken or Beef flavored.
You will also need about 1 pound pork tenderloin
2 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Note: This is a two pack of pork tenderloins but I’m only using one in this tutorial and I often use the chicken breasts in it’s place.
To begin, mix up your ramen according to package directions and set aside.
Put about a tablespoon of oil or butter or margarine (whatever you have) in a large nonstick skillet and place over medium high heat. Add veggies and cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 7-8 minutes.
Set veggies aside.
Add meat (remember, pork tenderloin or boneless skinless chicken breasts) to the same skillet and cook until browned on both sides over medium high heat, 5-7 minutes. Note: Meat will not be cooked through but just browned at this point.
Remove meat and slice into medallions if you’re using pork tenderloin.
Slice into strips if you’re using boneless skinless chicken breasts.
Place the medallions or chicken strips into the skillet.
Place honey and soy sauce in a measuring cup together and stir it with a spoon until well blended. This sauce really makes this Quick Asian Skillet!
Pour honey soy sauce over meat and reduce heat to medium.
Cook until meat is cooked through, flipping once, about ten minutes.
At this point if you want to put your meat on top of your Quick Asian Skillet all prettified like I did in the final photo, remove it to a plate while you do the last step. BUT you can leave it in the skillet if you are just going to stir it all together.
LEAVE YOUR SAUCE in the skillet.
DRAIN the ramen noodles and then add them to the sauce.
Stir well to coat.
Add in veggies and stir again.
Cook this for 2-3 minutes over medium heat until nice and warmed through.
Place cooked veggies and ramen in your serving dish.
Top with your meat.
Serve hot and ENJOY your quick, easy and delicious skillet recipe!
- 2 packages of chicken or beef flavored ramen
- 16 ounce frozen vegetable blend of your choice
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts or 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Prepare Ramen noodles according to package directions and set aside. Pour one tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet and place over medium high heat. Add frozen vegetables and cook, stirring often, until tender - about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In same skillet, place meat. Cook until just browned on both sides, 6-8 minutes. Meat will not be fully cooked, but just browned on the outside.
- While meat is browning, stir honey and soy sauce together until well combined.
- Remove meat from skillet and slice into strips or medallions. Return to skillet and pour honey soy sauce over. Lower heat to medium and cook, flipping once or twice, until meat is no longer pink in the center and sauce is reduced slightly, about ten minutes.
- Add noodles and vegetables back to skillet and stir to coat well with sauce. Serve hot.
You may also enjoy these skillet recipes:
“If you wake up tired, you’ve been chasing dreams. If you go to bed tired, your making your dreams happen.”
~ Benny Bellamacina
Submitted by Jenny. Thanks so much Jenny! Submit yours by clicking here.