Creamy Chicken Skillet is one of my favorite meals in one! With the help of ranch dressing mix, it’s seasoned perfectly and bursting with flavor.
Add in some frozen mixed veggies and egg noodles and you’ll be sitting down to a family pleasing supper in no time flat.
For Cream Chicken Skillet you’ll need:
- Chicken breasts
- One can of cream of chicken soup*
- A package of ranch dressing mix (dry)
- One bag of frozen vegetable blend (your choice)
- Egg noodles
- You’re also going to need a little bit of milk, just 1/2 a cup.
- Place a little bit of oil in the bottom of your skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add your chicken breasts and cook over medium heat, turning as needed, until lightly browned on both sides.
- Once your chicken breasts are browned on both sides, add in the cream of chicken soup, dry ranch dressing mix…
- Add the milk.
- Stir that up as best you can.
Note: Your chicken breasts won’t be done at this point, just browned on the outside. That is okay because we’re fixin’ to finish cooking them.
This is our chicken with our little sauce we made all stirred up.
- Now cover and reduce heat to simmer for about ten minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in the center.
- After about ten minutes of simmering this is what you’ll have.
That sauce is absolutely delicious and we’re about to toss some veggies into it to make it even better.
I like the California blend of veggies that has carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli in it but you can go with whatever you like here.
- Pour your frozen vegetables into the skillet and stir them up a bit to coat them.
- Continue cooking this whole shebang until the veggies are tender.
Salt and pepper to taste if you like, but I like it just as it is.
Voila! Cream Chicken Skillet is done 🙂
The ranch dressing mix gives it a fantastic, well seasoned flavor and the cream soup and milk join in to make a delicious gravy, perfect for serving over cooked egg noodles.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 bag frozen vegetable blend I use california style
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-4 chicken breasts
- Egg Noodles cooked
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add chicken breasts and cook over medium, turning as needed, until browned on both sides.
- Add in soup, ranch mix, and milk. Stir well and turn chicken to coat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to simmer.
- Cover and continue cooking until chicken is cooked through, about ten minutes.
- Uncover and stir in vegetables.
- Continue cooking until vegetables are tender, about ten more minutes.
- Serve over a bed of egg noodles.
You may also like these recipes:
This recipe is featured as part of Meal Plan Monday