This is such an easy crock pot chicken tetrazzini recipe, but the combination of cream of chicken soup with tender chicken, minced garlic, and Italian seasoning makes this a favorite creamy pasta supper.
I’m excited to share this ridiculously good recipe for crock pot chicken tetrazzini with you today. It’s become a favorite supper in my household filled with creamy noodles and delicious chicken to look forward to. The teenagers in my family in particular go gaga for it, which I don’t mind because it’s so easy to make!
Like, it’s nearly too easy? All you need to do is add all of your ingredients to the slow cooker and in 3 to 7 hours (depending on your preferred setting), your slow cooker chicken tetrazzini will be ready. Serve it on a bed of cooked pasta and you’re set for an amazing weeknight supper.
Now, this is an easy chicken tetrazzini recipe with a Southern twist. Because chicken tetrazzini is naturally creamy, we’re using cream of chicken soup (a Southern favorite), cream cheese, and butter to get that quintessential creamy texture. What other ingredients do you need? Just some chicken breast, minced garlic, and Italian dressing mix (another Southern favorite because we love a good shortcut).
Keep scrolling for serving suggestions and ideas, but it isn’t creamy chicken tetrazzini without pasta, right? Add a side of garlic bread and you’ll win over your entire family. Ready to go?
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Cream of chicken soup
- Cream cheese (click here for our homemade cream cheese recipe)
- Unsalted butter
- Minced garlic cloves
- Italian dressing mix
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Tetrazzini
Place chicken breast in the slow cooker.
Add cream of chicken soup, Italian dressing mix, and butter. Don’t add cream cheese yet.
Cover and cook this on high for 3 hours or low for about 7 hours.
Cut cream cheese into cubes and stir that in.
Allow it to cook for about 30 more minutes or until the cream cheese melts.
Use a wooden spoon to stir it up well and break up the chicken into small pieces as you do. The chicken will come apart easily.
Serve crockpot chicken tetrazzini over hot linguine and enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days and reheat them in the microwave. Because of the cream cheese, I don’t recommend freezing leftovers.
- Want to add some veggies? Opt for 1 diced onion, 2 cups of , and/or 2 cups of sliced mushrooms.
- If you add mushrooms, you might even like to use cream of mushroom soup instead.
- If you can’t get your hands on Italian salad dressing mix, Italian seasoning works in a pinch.
- You don’t have to use in this . Any will work, including .
How do you serve crock pot chicken tetrazzini?
Serving creamy chicken tetrazzini over the cooked pasta of your choice is the most popular option. Opt for any type of long noodles, like spaghetti noodles, egg noodles, fettuccine, or even zoodles. I also like to add a serving of garlic bread.
If the cream cheese isn’t enough cheese for you, go ahead and serve it with shredded mozzarella cheese or parmesan cheese and a garnish of chopped fresh parsley.
Check out these other easy pasta recipes:
Slow Cooker Angel Chicken Pasta
Ham Pasta Salad With Ranch Dressing
- 1 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 .6-ounce packet Italian dressing mix
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Place all ingredients in the crock pot except cream cheese. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 7 hours.1 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or tenders, 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1 .6-ounce packet Italian dressing mix, 1 tablespoon minced garlic cloves, 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- Add cream cheese (cut into cubes), stir, and cook for an additional 30 minutes or until cream cheese melts (no lumps). Stir with a wooden spoon to break up the chicken (this will be easy to do).8 ounces cream cheese
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot noodles and enjoy!
You have to choose joy – and keep choosing it!
I’ve made this so many times and it’s a hit everytime!
Thank you so much! This truly makes my day!
Appreciate you taking the time to let me know and for the rating too!
Happy Holidays to you and so glad you are a part of the Southern Plate Family.