Everyone needs a copy of this recipe on hand!
So many recipes call for Cream of Chicken soup! It’s great for thickening, adding flavor, and making sauces. Whether you prefer homemade or just don’t have a can on hand, this recipe is the perfect substitution and is ready in minutes.
Make sure you share this on your Facebook wall and Pinterest boards for easy finding later.
You only need a small amount of each of these ingredients. The actual recipe is at the bottom of this post in printable format (just click “print this” in the recipe card). All Purpose flour, Chicken Broth, Milk, Butter, Salt, and Pepper.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pot over medium-low heat.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add broth, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened, about ten minutes.
Enjoy as a substitute for any recipe calling for a can of cream of chicken soup!
Make sure you save this recipe by printing it, sharing on Facebook, or pinning it to your Pinterest. Scroll down for some great meal ideas using this soup!
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup milk I prefer whole but 2% is fine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour to melted butter and stir well until no lumps remain.
- Add milk, broth, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking over medium-low, stirring constantly, until thickened, about ten minutes.
Recipes you might want to use this in: