If you’re on Pinterest or Facebook and could use one of those buttons above I’d sure appreciate it!
If you’ve never heard of or had Angel Chicken, you’re in good company! Until last week we fit into that category. Once we had our first bite, though, we were hooked. My husband kept saying “Oh man. Oh man. Oh man. You have GOT to get this recipe.”
So I called up Gricelda, who is not a Disney Princess although her name leads you to believe that, and asked if she would share. She had been kind enough to cook this wonderful supper for my family and she immediately said “Of course I’ll share!”. Maybe she should be a Disney Princess, she definitely has the personality for it!
I was thrilled to discover that Gricelda cooks this in a slow cooker AND and it easily makes enough for a hungry family!
Let’s get cookin’!
You’ll need: butter, Italian Dressing Mix (brand of your choice), Chicken Broth, Golden Mushroom Soup, Cream Cheese, Chicken, and Angel Hair Pasta.
*A word about the sauce. Gricelda doubles the sauce in her angel chicken so there is plenty to serve atop the pasta, kind of like you do with spaghetti. We LOVED it exactly how she made it so I am bringing you her recipe with double the sauce.
Keep in mind this serves 4-6 people
Just grab whatever brand Italian dressing mix you see first or is least expensive. I usually get Good Seasons brand.
Place chicken in bottom of 5 or 6 quart slow cooker.
This could fit in a 4 quart if that is all ya have.
Mix butter, italian dressing mix, broth, soup, and cream cheese in a sauce pot on top of stove.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well mixed.
Pour sauce over. Cook on low for 6 -7 hours.
Cook Angel Hair Pasta according to package directions; drain.
There are two ways to serve this so it just depends on your personal preference.
I like family style.
To serve family style : Place drained pasta in bottom of 9×13 pan. Place chicken atop. Spoon sauce over.
For individual servings: Place pasta on plate. Top with Chicken. Spoon sauce over.
Enjoy our new family favorite!
- ½ cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 packets Italian Dressing Mix Powder (0.7 ounces each)
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth (Original recipe uses white cooking wine)
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 16 ounce box angel hair pasta (entire box)
- 2-3 lbs frozen or thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins (the more you use, the more this feeds)
- Mix butter, italian dressing mix, broth, soup, and cream cheese in a sauce pot on top of stove. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and well mixed.
- Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour sauce over. Cook on low for 6 -7 hours.
- Before serving, Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Serve hot.
This recipe is part of Whatcha Crockin’ Wednesday! Click here to visit that post.
“Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won’t cheat, then you know he never will.”
~John D. McDonaldYum