If you’ve never heard of or had slow cooker angel chicken pasta, you’re in good company! However, once you have your first bite of this moist and tender chicken smothered in a creamy tasty sauce and served on a bed of angel hair pasta, you will be hooked.
I have my friend, Gricelda (who is not a Disney princess although her name leads you to believe that) to thank for sharing this easy slow cooker angel chicken pasta recipe with me. She had been kind enough to cook this wonderful supper for my family (maybe she is a Disney princess, after all). I was thrilled to discover that Gricelda cooks this angel chicken pasta in the crockpot AND and it easily makes enough for a hungry family!
If the ease of this recipe doesn’t tempt you, let me tell you what ingredients are involved. Our moist and tender chicken breast is cooked in only the creamiest and tastiest sauce. Y’all, I LOVE this sauce. It’s so flavorful and made with a combination of Italian dressing, chicken broth, mushroom soup, and cream cheese. Then we serve this on a bed of angel hair pasta (hence the name, although the sauce is pretty angelic too).
As with most slow cooker recipes, the instructions for this crock pot angel chicken pasta couldn’t be simpler. Are you ready? Place the chicken in the slow cooker, then mix together the sauce ingredients in a saucepot before pouring it over the top. Then walk away and let the crockpot do its thing. At the end of the day, all you need to do is cook the angel hair pasta and serve. Simple, easy, and delicious… just how I like it!
Let’s get cookin’!
- Italian dressing mix (brand of your choice)
- Chicken broth
- Golden mushroom soup
- Cream cheese (click here for our homemade cream cheese recipe)
- Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Angel hair pasta
How to Make Slow Cooker Angel Chicken Pasta
First, we need to cook the sauce. So in a saucepot, add the butter…
Golden mushroom soup…
And cream cheese.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted and well mixed.
Place chicken in the bottom of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker.
This could fit in a 4-quart crockpot if that is all ya have.
Pour sauce over.
Cover and slow cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
Cook angel hair pasta according to package directions and drain.
Now, there are two ways to serve crockpot angel chicken pasta so it just depends on your personal preference.
I like family style.
To serve family style: place the drained pasta in the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, place the chicken atop, and spoon sauce over.
For individual servings: place the pasta on a plate, top with chicken, and spoon sauce over.
Whichever way you serve it, I hope you enjoy our new family favorite!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- You can also freeze leftovers for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before reheating as above.
- A word about the sauce. Gricelda doubles the sauce in her angel chicken so there is plenty to serve atop the pasta, kind of like you do with spaghetti. We LOVED it exactly how she made it so I am bringing you her recipe with double the sauce.
- To make this low-carb and gluten-free slow cooker angel chicken pasta, use a gluten-free Italian seasoning and gluten-free mushroom soup and use shirataki noodles or zoodles instead of angel hair pasta.
- Here are some easy substitutions and variations you can make to make this angel chicken pasta suit you and your family:
- If you’re not a fan of angel hair pasta, substitute it for your favorite pasta. You can also serve it with rice.
- The original recipe uses dry white wine instead of chicken stock. Another option is sherry.
- Use softened chive and onion cream cheese instead of original cream cheese.
- Substitute the mushroom soup for cream of chicken soup.
- Swap the dry Italian dressing mix for dry ranch dressing mix for a different flavor.
- Use chicken tenderloins or boneless skinless chicken thighs instead, but reduce the cooking time by an hour or so (5 to 6 hours on low).
- Add sliced mushrooms or fresh green beans to the crockpot.
- Top with shredded parmesan cheese before serving.
- Add a tablespoon of chopped fresh chives or garnish with chopped parsley.
Can you put raw chicken in the slow cooker?
Yes, you can place raw chicken in the slow cooker. However, if you’d prefer to brown the chicken breast beforehand, you can do that too. This just helps to lock in the moisture and speed up the cooking time, but as I said, it isn’t necessary.
How long does chicken breast take in the slow cooker?
You should generally cook chicken breast in the slow cooker for 3 to 4 hours on high or 6 to 7 hours on low. This works for any crockpot chicken recipe.
Do you need to flip the chicken in the slow cooker?
No, there’s no need to flip chicken when cooking it in a crockpot.
What do you serve with slow cooker angel chicken pasta?
Serve your angel chicken pasta with a simple green salad, some steamed vegetables like fresh green beans or zucchini and squash, or some garlic bread to soak up that creamy sauce.
Check out these other sensational slow cooker recipes:
Slow Cooker Chicken and Wild Rice
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Crockpot Chicken and Dumplings
Crockpot Fiesta Chicken and Rice
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 2 0.7-ounce packets Italian dressing mix powder
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 16-ounce box angel hair pasta
- 2-3 lbs frozen or thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
- Mix butter, Italian dressing mix, broth, soup, and cream cheese in a saucepot on top of the stove. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until melted and well mixed.1/2 cup butter, 2 0.7-ounce packets Italian dressing mix powder, 1 cup chicken broth, 2 cans golden mushroom soup, 8 ounces cream cheese
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, pour sauce over, and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.2-3 lbs frozen or thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenderloins
- Before serving, cook pasta according to package directions and drain.1 16-ounce box angel hair pasta
- To serve family style, arrange pasta in a 9x13 baking dish, place chicken on top, and pour all sauce over. For individual servings, place pasta on a plate, top with chicken, and spoon sauce over.
This recipe is part of Whatcha Crockin’ Wednesday! Click here to visit that post.
“Integrity is not a conditional word. It doesn’t blow in the wind or change with the weather. It is your inner image of yourself, and if you look in there and see a man who won’t cheat, then you know he never will.”
~John D. McDonald
I made this with cream of mushroom soup (no golden mushroom in the stores RN) and added mushrooms because I love them. It was SO good. I ended up freezing half the batch and it reheats very well. It’s going in the regular recipe rotation whenever chicken breasts go on sale.
Looks wonderful. I have a hard time finding Golden cream of mushroom soup. Glad to know you can substitute regular. Gonna have to try this real soon.