Wonderfully Delicious Green Tomato Relish!
Friends, I’m excited. Tomorrow is the big day and you can join me live from Ball Headquarters to watch! I’m one of four bloggers who will be demonstrating our canning recipes live to a worldwide audience. How cool is that? I hope you’ll tune in!
Now about this awesome picture below. My husband is always complaining about me buying canning jars: “MORE jars? Don’t you have enough?“, but you and I both know that I use those canning jars for all sorts of wonderful things and he just doesn’t understand me ~grins~.
So I sent him this picture and told him this was what I bought and they were going to get a truck to deliver them. I’m sure he knew better than to believe me but for a split second he had to have considered what he would do if I really did do something like that. 🙂 And seriously, this photograph only shows maybe 1/20th of what was actually in this building. It is going to be like leaving my children behind when I finally go home tomorrow afternoon ~sniff~
This is the recipe I’ll be demonstrating live on the webcast!
Please tune in because I’d love to get to visit with y’all!
From Ball Canning:
Welcome to the 5th annual International Can-It-Foward Day! This year we are broadcasting live from our headquarters in Indiana, focusing on what “Made From Here” means locally and across the country.
Join us on August 1, 2015 starting at 11am EST (8a PST) for this once a year event! Some special guests include:
- Food in Jars‘ Marisa McClellan of Philadelphia, PA
- Hoosier Homemade’s Liz Latham of LaPorte, IN
- Southern Plate‘s Christy Jordan of Huntsville, AL
- Yesterday on Tuesday‘s Malia Martine Kalinsky of Seattle, WA
- Special feature: Rebecca Sullivan – preserving in Australia!
- Chef Sarah Page, Jarden Home Brands
Share what you make with #canitforward and #madefromhere on any social network.
- 8-10 medium green tomatoes
- 4 large red bell peppers
- 3 large onions
- 1/8 cup salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- Wash all vegetables and remove tops from tomatoes. Remove tops and seed pods from bell peppers and peel onions.
- Cut all vegetables into large chunks and run through a shredding blade on a food processor.
- Place in large pot. Add all other ingredients and stir. Bring just to a boil and reduce heat to simmer 30-45 minutes, or until thick.
- Fill approximately 12 sterile half-pint Ball brand jars and process in a boiling water bath for 10 minutes.
Disclaimer: This post was graciously sponsored by Ball Canning as part of their #canitforward celebration!Yum