A fun twist on a snack mix that will evoke surprise from whoever you give it to!
A sauce of honey, butter, and brown sugar coats crunchy toasted ramen, almonds, white chocolate chips, and dried cranberries to make my niece’s favorite snack mix. This also makes fun gifts for your friends!
Is it healthy? As healthy as crunch and munch or other snack mixes. Is it good? Oh my, yes.
I add a wee bit of salt but you could easily double it if you wanted a sweet and salty treat rather than just sweet. Honey, butter, brown sugar snack mix. Merciful but this stuff is good – And an awfully fun gift.
You’ll need: three packages of ramen*, Dried Cranberries, Sliced Almonds, Brown Sugar, Butter, Vanilla, Honey, Cinnamon, Kosher Salt, and White Chocolate Chips (optional).
*For the Ramen, be sure and get the square packages because they don’t have the seasoning incorporated into them but in a packet inside the package instead. Based on this, you can get any flavor you want because we’re not going to use the flavor packet anyway.
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post in a printable recipe card
1. To start with place butter, honey, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a microwave safe bowl or sauce pot and heat until just warm enough to dissolve the brown sugar. Stir well.
2. Break up uncooked Ramen into bite sized pieces. Throw away the seasoning packets or save for another use.
3. Add Ramen, almonds, and dried cranberries to sauce and stir really well to coat.
4. Pour onto a lightly greased rimmed baking sheet and place in a 325 oven for thirty minutes, stirring ramen well every ten minutes.
When you remove it from the oven stir it a final time and allow it to rest until fully cool. Then, break it up and Stir in white chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container for up to one week, or freeze in zipper seal bags for up to six months for gift giving.
Enjoy your delicious snack mix!
I started out making this just to see the expression on people’s faces when they heard what it was – but now I have to keep making it because of demand!
- 3 square packages of Ramen*
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup sliced almonds or nuts of your choice
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, place butter, honey, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Microwave just until butter is melted. Stir together until well combined.
- Break apart each package of ramen, discarding the seasoning packet or saving it for another use. Pour broken ramen, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries into honey and butter mixture. Stir until entire mixture is coated.
- Pour onto lightly greased baking sheet and place in a 325° oven for thirty minutes, stirring after every ten minutes.
- Once the thirty minutes is up, remove from oven and allow to rest for five minutes before stirring a final time. Allow to cool completely and then stir in the white chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container at room temp for up to a week or in freezer sealed bags in the freezer for several months.
You might also enjoy this recipe! Caramel Apple Dump Cake