Hello friends! I hope you’re having a great summer so far. I have a few more summertime recipes I need to share before I start in on my fall lineup and this is one of them! Lemon Icebox Cake is creamy, dreamy, citrusy, and fresh. This cool dessert is perfect at the end of a hot summer day and a great weekend treat. I just love lemon desserts because they taste like sunshine and joy!
So if you need a little extra joy today, I hope you’ll print this one off to try. We’re visiting in the Front Porch Fellowship Group today, If you’d like to join us, click here to request membership. It’s a Facebook group so you have to have a Facebook account, and make sure you answer the questions when you request to join or you won’t get approved. 🙂
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese
- 3.4 ounce instant vanilla pudding
- ¾ cup milk
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- zest of 1 lemon save a little to sprinkle on top
- 1.5 cups whipped topping or homemade whipped cream
- About 25 Vanilla Wafer Cookies
- To make cream cheese pudding mixture:
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fluffy (a minute or so). Add in pudding mix, milk, lemon juice, and lemon zest and beat until well combined, about two minutes.
- Add in 1/2 cup whipped topping and beat again until incorporated.
- Place a layer of cookies in the bottom of a standard sized loaf pan (about ten or so).
- Spread half of the cream cheese mixture on top of this and spread the remaining cream cheese mixture on top of the second layer of cookies.
- Top with remaining whipped topping and sprinkle with lemon zest. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow the cookies to soften. Enjoy!