Hey friends! As we head into the weekend I thought I’d share a recipe from my latest book, Sweetness, with you. This Lotsa Crumb Cake is a cake recipe that I developed after LOVING the ones I purchased in the grocery store. I think the crumb topping is my favorite part so I set out to make a crumb cake that had lots of topping but stayed put while I ate it. This is that cake! It has a rich buttery bottom and a mile high crumb that is to die for!
This recipe can be found on page 83 of Sweetness. Sweetness is shipping from online retailers now (many already have their copy!) and it hits store shelves Monday, November 7th.
I’m on my way to Kentucky today for my first book signing in Frankfort tomorrow. Next week I have signings in Huntsville AL, Chattanooga TN, and Fayetteville TN. For more information on my tour, please click here.
- For the Cake:
- 1 box 15 to 18 ounces yellow, butter golden, or white cake mix
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted and cooled slightly
- For the crumb topping:
- 1 cup 2 sticks butter, at room temperature
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the cake mix, milk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer at medium speed until blended and smooth, scraping down the side of the bowl if needed, about 2 minutes. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, combine the butter, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon and cut together using a long-tined fork or pastry cutter until well mixed and crumbly. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the top of the cake batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Allow to cool slightly and then sprinkle the top with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
“Aim above morality. Be not simply good, be good for something.”
~ Henry David Thoreau, Submitted by Sabrina Wenning
You might also enjoy this recipe! Mandarin Orange Pig Picking Cake