You may recognize this as a strawberry trifle but in my neck of the woods we call them strawberry punch bowl cakes. And most folks I personally know keep a pretty glass bowl on standby just to be able to show off one of these delicious creations.
This dessert is my husband’s absolute favorite. He wants this every year on his birthday, which is no small feat considering he was born in February. Easily made into a lowfat or lite dessert, it can actually be very diet friendly when compared to your typical dessert. I love to make it in the summertime, but it can easily be made in the winter provided strawberries are available in your grocery store, to help stave off your cold weather blues.
For the Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake aka Strawberry Trifle, you will need:
- Angel Food Cake
- Whipped Topping
- Instant Vanilla Pudding
How To Make A Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake aka Strawberry Trifle
Yum yum YUM!
If you make this, I’d love to see a photo of yours! You can email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll add it to the bottom of this post!
- 1 Angel Food Cake
- 3.5 ounce package instant vanilla pudding mix this is the small box and I always use sugar free
- 2 Cups milk can use skim
- 8 ounce carton whipped topping can use light or fat free
- 1 pint fresh strawberries washed and hulled
- Using a knife, trim brown from cake. Tear cake into small pieces.
- Prepare pudding as directed using an electric mixer. Add in cool whip and mix until well blended and smooth.
- Place 1/3 cake pieces in a large bowl. Top with 1/3 pudding mixture and 1/2 strawberries. Repeat and top with remaining pudding mixture. Garnish with strawberry. Refrigerate until ready to enjoy!
I used to think I was indecisive but now I’m not so sure.