Crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and coated in an irresistible buffalo sauce, these low-carb cauliflower buffalo bites are the perfect appetizer to enjoy with friends and family.
These low-carb cauliflower buffalo bites are bound to be a hit at your next potluck or gathering. You won’t believe they’re made from cauliflower, thanks to that delicious buffalo sauce. Hot sauce, lemon juice, and melted butter combine to make a buttery, tangy, and spicy sauce. When served alongside our chipotle ranch dressing (or the ranch/blue cheese dressing of your choice), they’ll disappear very quickly!
Fortunately, it’s super easy to whip up this sensational appetizer. All you have to do is cut the cauliflower into florets, coat them in some flour and spices, and then bake. While they’re getting crispy, you’ll whip up the buffalo sauce. Combine the two and in no time at all, you’ll have a plate of delicious cauliflower buffalo bites. They’re the definition of a flavor explosion!
At parties, I usually serve them on a platter with carrot and celery sticks. But you could also serve your buffalo cauliflower bites as a side dish alongside something simple like grilled chicken.
- Flour (almond flour or all-purpose flour)
- Garlic powder
- Black pepper
- Vegetable oil spray or oil to prepare the pan
- Hot sauce
- Melted butter
- Lemon juice
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving (I recommend our chipotle ranch dressing)
- Carrots and celery sticks for serving
Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk flour, water, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
Add in the cauliflower florets.
Make sure the pieces are fully coated.
Place each cauliflower floret on the baking sheet spread out about half an inch. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping over halfway through, and bake until they are lightly browned.
While the cauliflower is cooking, mix together the hot sauce, melted butter, and lemon juice.
Toss the cooked cauliflower in the buffalo sauce or brush it on if you like a lighter flavor.
Dip in our chipotle ranch dressing or your other favorite dressing and enjoy!
If you’re hosting family and friends, serve them on a large platter with carrot and celery sticks too.
Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 4 days. I recommend reheating either in a 250-degree oven or air fryer.
- If you’d prefer to make your buffalo cauliflower bites in the air fryer, you’ll want to bake them at 400 degrees for 12 minutes (turning halfway). Make sure you don’t overcrowd the air fryer so they get nice and crispy.
- Use almond flour to make these cauliflower bites paleo.
- Fresh cauliflower is preferable for this recipe. But if you only have frozen cauliflower florets, you’re going to want to thaw them completely, drain any water, and then pat them dry completely.
Here are more of my favorite appetizers:
Parmesan Crisps (2 Ingredients Only!)
Sweet Potato Skins With Candied Bacon and a Spicy Basil Cream Sauce
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup flour almond or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- vegetable oil spray or oil to prepare the pan
- ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving
- carrots and celery sticks for serving
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray or line it with parchment paper.vegetable oil spray or oil to prepare the pan
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour, water, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Add in the cauliflower florets and make sure the pieces are fully coated.1 large head of cauliflower,, 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 cup water, 2 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Place each cauliflower floret on the baking sheet, spread out about half an inch. Bake about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping over halfway through, and bake until they are lightly browned.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, mix together the hot sauce, melted butter, and lemon juice. Toss the cooked cauliflower in the buffalo sauce or brush it on if you like a lighter flavor. Let them sit for a few minutes.1/2 cup hot sauce, 2 tbsp butter, 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- Dip in our Chipotle Ranch Dressing or your other favorite dressing and enjoy!ranch or blue cheese dressing for serving, carrots and celery sticks for serving
I made these yesterday for an afternoon snack. It was so good. Two people plowed through the entire head of cauliflower in minutes. I used the air fry function of my oven and it was ready in probably 10 minutes. Definitely worth repeating.
So happy to hear that Phyllis and thank you for letting me know!
Oh yum!! Those sound really good! Guess what’s on my grocery list???
Thanks for sharing . . .
Let me know what you think!