It takes just 5 minutes and 4 ingredients to create this easy cold crab dip recipe, which is creamy, tangy, and full of flavor.
If you’ve been looking for a super easy, delicious, and lightning-fast appetizer to take to your next potluck, party, or summer picnic, look no further! Move aside , because this cold crab dip recipe ticks all those boxes and then some.
All you need is 5 minutes and 4 ingredients to make this creamy crab dip. Imitation crab meat, cream cheese, cocktail sauce, and lemon juice. Chop up your crab meat, mix the ingredients together, and your crab dip is ready. When it comes to easy dip recipes, this easy crab dip is definitely a winner. See our full recipe card below for more details 🙂
The cream cheese ensures this is the creamiest seafood dip you’ll ever taste, while the cocktail sauce and lemon juice add some flavor and tanginess. A lot of use , but I’m a big fan of the .
Alright, are you ready to make the best crab dip in 5 minutes? Let’s go!
- Imitation crab meat
- Reduced-fat cream cheese
- Cocktail sauce
- Lemon juice
- Stable crackers
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, cream cheese, cocktail sauce, and lemon juice.
Stir this and until well combined.
Serve immediately with crackers or chill until ready to eat.
Enjoy the best crab dip ever!
What can I substitute for cream cheese?
If cream cheese is scarce in your neck of the woods, I have used greek yogurt and it was just as tasty. Other recipes have listed mayonnaise or sour cream as subs too.
What can I substitute for the Crab?
I have made this with little mini shrimp (normally I am not a big seafood fan) and it was divine!
What is imitation crab?
Imitation crab is usually made from white fish. It’s usually made from something called surimi, or white fish flesh. It has the bones removed and minced into a paste. Then it’s combined together with other ingredients including both natural and artificial flavors, starch, sugar, and sodium.
Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Imitation crab comes in different varieties, such as flake style, leg, or stick. Any style works for this imitation crab dip since you are chopping it. You can find it packaged in the seafood section. You could also use . On the other hand, I don’t recommend using in this .
- I like reduced-fat cream cheese, but regular works too. I used 4 ounces for an extra creamy crab dip.
- Make sure to choose a sturdy cracker. The light and flakey crackers can break when dipping. You can also use pita chips, tortilla chips, or baguette slices.
- You can also serve your crab dip with mini peppers, slices, or celery and carrot sticks.
- Here are some more simple variations to make this easy crab dip your own:
- Add lime juice instead of lemon juice.
- Add a cup of green onion or celery to this crab dip.
- For extra flavor, add lemon zest, 1/4 teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning, 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder, or a pinch of cayenne pepper for some heat.
- For extra heat, add a tablespoon of hot sauce.
- To make this into a hot crab dip recipe, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the crab dip into a small oven-safe dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Then top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese or , turn the oven to broil, and broil until the cheese is golden brown.
Here are more delicious dips to make:
- 1 package imitation crab meat, chopped 8 ounces
- 3-4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese softened
- 2 ounces cocktail sauce
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning or chili powder with a pinch of salt if you want a little kick
- Sturdy crackers
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the crab meat, cream cheese, cocktail sauce, and lemon juice.1 package imitation crab meat, chopped, 3-4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, 2 ounces cocktail sauce, 2 tsp lemon juice, 1 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- Stir this crab and cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Serve immediately with crackers or chill until ready to eat.Sturdy crackers