How To Make Mama’s Apple Spice Muffins
- Self rising flour*
- Quick oats
- Vegetable oil**
- In large bowl add flour, sugar, cinnamon, allspice or nutmeg, and oats.
- Now add in your nuts.
- Stir until blended.
- In a separate bowl, beat your eggs and then add to them oil, water, and apples.
- Stir that up until it’s mixed pretty well and apples are coated.
- Now take that bowl with the apples in it and dump it into the bowl with your dry ingredients.
- Spray your muffin pan with vegetable spray and fill your muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 for about twenty minutes for regular sized muffins. Smaller ones will be done in about fifteen.
- 1 1/4 cup self rising flour*
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or allspice your preference
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup peeled cored, and chopped apples
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons water
- Prepare muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, nuts, oats and spices.
- In separate bowl, mix beaten eggs, apples, oil and water.
- Pour egg mixture all at once into flour mixture: stir just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until tested done. Makes one dozen.
This recipe featured on Meal Plan Monday
Tips for Apple Spice Muffins:
You can make the dry part up the night before to save time.
If you are going to make these first thing in the morning it really helps in terms of time and effort. I have actually made this up several batches at a time and stored it for a few weeks in ziploc bags in the pantry for quick apple spice muffins!
These muffins don’t rise that much so you can fill them up almost all the way to the top of the muffin tin.