- 1 1/4 cup self rising flour*
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup quick cooking oats
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or allspice your preference
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup peeled cored, and chopped apples
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons water
- Prepare muffin pan by spraying with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, nuts, oats and spices.
- In separate bowl, mix beaten eggs, apples, oil and water.
- Pour egg mixture all at once into flour mixture: stir just until flour is moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes at 400 degrees or until tested done. Makes one dozen.
This post was originally published in September of 2008. Eleven years later (2019) and I’ve finally given it the photographs it deserves. I appreciate you being here, and for being such a big part of my life! This recipe featured on Meal Plan Monday and Weekend Potluck!