The best way to describe this maple pecan pie recipe is that the filling has the texture of soft caramel with the taste of maple and pecans. It basically takes a traditional pecan pie to the next level.
Southern Plate isn’t a stranger to pecan pie recipes. If you scroll to the bottom of this post, you’ll see we have recipes for everything from pecan pie muffins to pecan pie cake, pecan pie bars, and even a faux pecan pie. But today we’re taking a traditional pecan pie recipe and transforming it thanks to the addition of real or maple syrup. Yep, this is a pecan pie recipe without corn syrup.
What other ingredients do you need? For the filling, you’re going to want to also get your hands on honey, heavy cream, brown sugar, butter, pecans, and vanilla. Oh my goodness, can you already imagine how good that pie filling is going to taste? If your mouth isn’t watering yet I don’t know what can be done with ya! All of these ingredients simply get mixed together on the stovetop before being added to a graham cracker crust and then chilled in the fridge.
Yeah, this maple pecan pie couldn’t be easier to make and it’s a no-bake . As I mentioned above, the filling resembles the texture of soft caramel that’s bursting with and overloaded with pecan pieces. This pie is so good and sure to be an instant classic in your household. I hope you give it a go and make it this Thanksgiving!
- Pure or real maple syrup
- Dark or light brown sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Pecan halves
- Vanilla extract
- Heavy cream
- Graham cracker crust
How to Make Maple Pecan Pie
To begin, place brown sugar, butter, pure maple syrup, and honey in a medium saucepot.
Place this over medium-high heat and stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
Once the comes to a boil, stir in the pecans and heavy cream.
Bring this back to a low boil and cook, stirring from time to time, for approximately 10-12 minutes.
After the pecan pie filling is nice and thick, remove it from the heat and stir in vanilla before pouring it into your pie crust.
Let this cool slightly before covering the pie dish with plastic wrap or aluminum and refrigerating until completely chilled, which will take a few hours.
The pieces of this pie firm up enough to make really neat slices and the texture is one that dissolves in your mouth rather than sticks to your teeth.
It’s so very good! Enjoy!
- Store leftover maple pecan pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- You can also freeze leftovers for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving. This is a great Thanksgiving dessert recipe to make in advance to save yourself time on the big day!
- If you’re just dying to make your own graham crumb pie shell, I have a recipe here. I also have a recipe for a regular homemade pie crust. But if you are happy with a store-bought pie shell like me, those are fine too.
- To balance out the rich pecan pie filling and sweet maple flavor, add a sprinkle of sea salt before serving.
- Instead of , feel free to use instead.
How do you serve maple pecan pie?
It obviously tastes delicious as is, but for dessert, why not serve your pecan pie with whipped cream (here’s my homemade whipped cream recipe) or a scoop of vanilla ice cream?
- 3/4 cup dark or light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup pure or real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 9-inch graham cracker crust
- In a medium saucepot, place butter, honey, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Put this over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly.3/4 cup dark or light brown sugar, 3/4 cup unsalted butter, 1/4 cup pure or real maple syrup, 1/4 cup honey
- Once boiling, add pecans and cream. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring every now and then, for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.3 tablespoons heavy cream, 2 - 3 cups pecan halves, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour this syrup mixture into the graham cracker crust. Allow it to cool slightly, then cover the pie dish with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the fridge until completely chilled.1 9-inch graham cracker crust
You may also enjoy these pecan pie recipes:
“This is the day the Lord hath made. Rejoice and be glad in it.”