Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Recipe
I just love this time of year. Not only is fall baking on the rise like for this Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes recipe but fall breezes are the perfect remedy after our sweltering summers in the south.
Let’s get baking!
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing Were One of our Favorites.
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes are:
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Pumpkin pie spice Cream Cheese
Ingredients for the Pumpkin Spice Cupcake Cream Cheese Icing are:
- Confectioner’s sugar
- Brick of Cream Cheese
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- In a mixing bowl, place your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and sugar.
- Mix it up well
- Add your eggs and pumpkin.
- Mix that on up until smooth.
- Fill up the twelve muffin cups in your muffin tin evenly.
- Bake those at 350 for 20 minutes or press the center to see if it springs back when pressed lightly
- Allow to cool completely in the refrigerator or if you just can’t wait (and I don’t blame ya) at room temperature.
Now we’re gonna make our icing for our Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes Cream Cheese Icing
- Combine your icing ingredients into a mixing bowl. I am talking about the Confectioner’s sugar, butter, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Beat this until smooth and creamy.
What to do if I don’t have a Icing Piping Bag?
You can use a piping bag if you have one but what I do is get a gallon freezer bag and then I place a big piece of tape over one corner of it before snipping off the point. Insert whatever icing tip you can find, preferably one with a point on it, and you’re ready to go.
- Now fill your bag with icing and seal it shut.
- Take the pointed tip and push it into the the pumpkin cupcake about half way like the picture above.
- Give it a good squeeze.
Some will have more icing than others but that’s ok.
- Place a big dollop of icing on top and spread.
Gosh those are pretty!
I store these in the refrigerator.
Perfect with coffee or tea anytime, a dessert or shoot, have it for breakfast too!
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place 12 cupcake papers in a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In mixing bowl, place sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir with a spoon until well combined. Add in eggs and pumpkin. Mix with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Divide evenly among 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 for twenty minutes, or until center springs back when lightly pressed.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the icing, place butter or margarine, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla in a mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- To fill cupcakes (Optional), place icing tip in corner of a freezer grade zipper seal bag (it is best to enforce the corner of the bag with tape beforehand). Snip off tip of bag so that only the very end of the icing tip is sticking out. Fill bag with half of icing.
- Press tip down into the center of each cupcake and give a little squeeze to fill. Repeat with all cupcakes.
- Spread remaining icing on top of all cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator.
You may also like these recipes: