Yes, these Cookies and Cream Cake Mix Cookies are a cookie being baked inside a cookie – add in the shortcut of a cake mix starter and you’ve got a pretty awesome recipe!
Anyone who has followed me for a length of time knows my son is an Oreo nut. As a result I feel like I’ve incorporated Oreos into just about every recipe imaginable. From pie to cake to truffles to brownies to fudge. So it was only a matter of time before they found their way into cookies.
If you’d like to jump right to the recipe, you can scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
You’ll need: vanilla or yellow cake mix, a stick of butter (room temp), egg, vanilla, cream cheese (room temp), Oreos, white chocolate chips, and semi sweet chocolate chips.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the vanilla cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, and cream cheese. Beat with an electric mixer until fully combined into a dough.
Place your oreos in a zipper seal bag and work out any aggression you’re currently feeling on them. I usually just roll over them a bit with a rolling pin but I have been known to take a can of something from the pantry and give them a full on beating, depending on how the week is going. ~smiles sweetly~
Add chocolate chips and crushed oreos and stir those in really good. I usually use my electric mixer for this, too, just go slow on it.
Form the dough into little balls a little smaller than a golfball size (or smaller if you like) and place them about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10-12 minutes at 350 and allow to cool a few minutes before removing from baking sheets to cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen delicious cookies for all of your cookie lovers to enjoy!.
- 1 box vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter at room temp (salted or unsalted)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temp
- 2 cups crushed oreos they should measure two cups after they are crushed
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large mixing bowl place cake mix, butter, egg, cream cheese, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat until fully combined and a dough is formed.
- Add in all chocolate chips and crushed oreos. Stir these in by hand or use an electric mixer on low until just incorporated.
- Roll dough into balls a little smaller than a golf ball and place about two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. You can flatten them very slightly if you like or leave them as is, which will result in a more rounded cookie on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned at the edges. Allow cookies to cool for a few minutes on baking sheet before removing them to cool completely.
In addition to these Cookies and Cream Cake Mix Cookies, be sure and check out my Red Velvet Cake mix cookies. My basic recipe that can be made into countless flavors can be found at: Busy Day Cake Mix Cookies.
Be thankful for the difficult people in your life. They have shown you who you don’t want to be.