What do you get when you combine a fluffy cake mix with cream cheese, crushed Oreos, white chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips? These quick and easy cookies and cream cookies that are, basically, to die for.
Anyone who has followed me for a length of time knows my son is an Oreo cookie nut. As a result, I feel like I’ve incorporated Oreos into just about every recipe imaginable. From pie to cake to truffles to brownies to fudge. So it was only a matter of time before they found their way into cookies.
I love to use a cake mix to make shortcut cookies. They are just as delicious as any other homemade cookie recipe but are so much easier and quicker to make. It’s also a bonus that the fluffy and moist cake mix means they stay soft and chewy for days.
These cookies and cream cookies are like a delectable cross between a cake, cheesecake, and Oreo cookie. Basically, they’re ridiculously scrumptious! Besides the cake mix, you’re going to need butter, crushed Oreos, cream cheese, white chocolate chips, and milk chocolate chips. A little bit of mixing and your cookies are ready to bake in minutes.
Another reason I love cake mix cookies is that they’re so easy to customize. Use your imagination and add your favorite mix-ins, like candy, dried fruit, different cookies, other flavored chocolate chips, and chopped nuts. I’ve included lots of ideas below, but have fun and enjoy your cookies and cream cookies!
- Vanilla or yellow cake mix
- Room temperature unsalted butter
- Vanilla extract
- Cream cheese at room temp (check out our easy recipe for homemade cream cheese here)
- White chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Cookies and Cream Cookies
In a large bowl, combine the vanilla cake mix, butter, egg, vanilla, and cream cheese.
Beat with an electric mixer until fully combined into cookie dough.
Place your Oreos in a zipper seal bag and work out any aggression you’re currently feeling on them.
I usually just roll over them a bit with a rolling pin but I have been known to take a can of something from the pantry and give them a full-on beating, depending on how the week is going. ~smiles sweetly~
Add chocolate chips and crushed Oreos to your cookie dough and stir those in really good.
I usually use my electric mixer for this too (just go slow on it).
Form into little cookie dough balls a little smaller than golf ball size (or smaller if you like). I just use my old faithful cookie scoop.
Place them about two inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350.
Allow your baked cookies to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the baking sheet and placing them on wire racks to cool completely.
Makes about 2 dozen delicious cookies and cream cookies for all of your cookie lovers to enjoy! How easy was that?
- Store leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. Keep them in the fridge if you live in a warm climate, as the chocolate might melt!
- Alternatively, store them in the freezer for up to three months and thaw at room temperature before enjoying! Another option is to freeze the unbaked cookie dough (either whole or in the ball-size portions) and baking when the desire strikes.
- Here are some mix-in options for your cake mix cookies:
- Candy: M&Ms, chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme bars, or Peppermint Patties.
- Dried fruit, such as cherries (or maraschino cherries instead), cranberries, or shredded coconut.
- Other crushed cookies like animal crackers or different flavored Oreos.
- Different flavored chocolate chips: dark chocolate, caramel, butterscotch, or peanut butter.
- Crushed peanuts or chopped pecans.
- Press mini marshmallows into each ball of dough before baking.
- You can also customize this cookie recipe and use a different flavor cake mix, like chocolate cake mix, white cake mix, or Devil’s Food.
Check out these other scrumptious cookie recipes:
- 1 box vanilla or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick butter at room temp salted or unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temp
- 2 cups crushed Oreos
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, place cake mix, butter, egg, cream cheese, and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, beat until fully combined and cookie dough is formed.1 box vanilla or yellow cake mix, 1 stick butter at room temp, 1 egg, 4 ounces cream cheese at room temp, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in all chocolate chips and crushed Oreos. Stir these in by hand or use an electric mixer on low until just incorporated.2 cups crushed Oreos, ½ cup white chocolate chips, ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Roll into cookie dough balls a little smaller than a golf ball (I use a cookie scoop) and place them about two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet. You can flatten them very slightly if you like or leave them as is, which will result in a more rounded cookie on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown at the edges. Allow baked cookies to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet before removing them to cool completely.
Be thankful for the difficult people in your life. They have shown you who you don’t want to be.