When you can’t make it around the campfire, this easy and baked s’mores in the oven recipe will take you right back with each bite of gooey marshmallow, melted chocolate, and graham cracker.
You may remember sitting by the campfire squishing your Hershey’s chocolate together with the most perfectly roasted marshmallows between those yummy graham crackers. And nobody cared that your smile extended with chocolate at each end of your mouth. Well, we’re traveling back to those times with this recipe for s’mores in the oven.
I promise it’s a breeze to make. All you need is three ingredients: baking chocolate, graham crackers, and mini marshmallows. You layer the chocolate and marshmallows in the casserole dish and place it in the oven instead of baking each individual s’more over the campfire. But the results are still the same and just as quick (5 minutes only). You get perfectly golden brown marshmallows sandwiched between melted chocolate and graham crackers. What’s not to love, right? I’ve also included more serving suggestions below for this decadent s’mores dip.
Plus, with this recipe, you can enjoy s’mores year-round, which I fully support! This super simple recipe for s’mores in the oven is sure to wow the kids or friends anytime. And I hope you keep smiling with a big ole chocolaty grin! I hope you enjoy it!
- Semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Miniature marshmallows
- Graham crackers
How to Make S’mores in the Oven
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, place the chocolate in an even layer. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the chocolate.
Bake until the marshmallows are browned and chocolate is melted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve your oven baked s’mores with graham crackers, of course.
This is one of these recipes that you can’t really keep for later, but I’m sure there won’t be any leftovers anyway. If you only want to make one or two s’mores in the oven at a time to avoid wastage, check out my recipe notes below.
- While I’m all for traditional s’mores, don’t be afraid to change things up with your s’mores in the oven.
- Instead of graham crackers, sandwich the toasted marshmallow and chocolate between Oreos, Nutter Butters, Chip’s Ahoy cookies, or homemade snickerdoodle cookies.
- As this makes more of a s’mores dip, serve it alongside vanilla wafers, strawberries, or even pretzels.
- You can choose any chocolate too, like milk chocolate chips, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup, Ghirardelli Chocolate squares (the caramel would be DIVINE), a Hershey’s chocolate bar (of course), dark chocolate, white chocolate, almond bark, or Rolo’s.
- Use marshmallow cream instead of marshmallows, but you’ll need to decrease the baking time as this will turn golden brown quickly.
- You can also normal or jumbo-sized marshmallows cut in half if you like.
- Instead of making a s’mores dip, place the marshmallows on one cracker and the chocolate on the other on a cookie sheet and broil for 1 to 2 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they burn quickly! Then simply make a sandwich and enjoy! Make one at a time or enough for the entire family.
You may also enjoy these dessert recipes!
- 12 1-ounce squares semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- graham crackers
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- In a shallow 2-quart baking dish, place the chocolate in an even layer. Sprinkle marshmallows evenly over the chocolate.4 cups miniature marshmallows, 12 1-ounce squares semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- Bake until the marshmallows are browned and chocolate is melted, about 4 to 5 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Serve with graham crackers.graham crackers
This recipe was featured in Southern Casseroles bake in 2014 and it still tastes just as good today!