Before we get to making this Candied Pecans recipe, if you’re on Pinterest or Facebook, I’d love it if you could use one of the buttons above to help me get this post out there! Thank you so much!
I also call these Candied Pecans, Sugar and Spice Pecans and others call them sugared or cinnamon pecans. No matter what you call them this recipe is one that I look forward to making every year because it is just the right blend of sweet, cinnamon, with a hint of salt to set it all off to perfection.
You Can Choose a More Budget Friendly Nut
The only problem with making a Candied Pecans recipe is the price of pecans. If pecans are a little out of your budget, feel free to make this recipe with other nuts as well. Peanuts, Cashews, and even Almonds would be great prepared this way.
The ingredients for this Candied Pecans recipe are as simple as can be.
- Pecan halves (or you can substitute almonds, cashews, or peanuts)
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Stir that up real good.
- In a mixing bowl, place your egg white and 1 tablespoon of water. Save the yolk for something else if you like, but you won’t need it for this recipe.
- Beat that egg white with an electric mixer until it is frothy.
- Throw your pecan into the bowl with the frothy egg white.
- Stir them up until they’re coated pretty well.
- Spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Taking a few pecans at a time, toss them into your bowl of sugar mixture and flip them around a bit with your hand to coat and place on baking sheet.
- Repeat until all pecans are coated.
- Place this in a 325 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
TIP: Don’t cook them any longer than this and keep an eye on them in case your oven cooks hot and they get done faster.
They will lightly brown, but you don’t want them to get dark brown.
- Remove from oven, stir again, and allow to cool.
Store these Candied Pecans in gift bags or airtight containers or just keep them for you and your family.
These make wonderful gifts, but I never get around to gifting them because we eat every last one! lol
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pound pecan halves about 2 cups *Can use other nuts
- Lightly grease a large, rimmed baking sheet.
- Place egg white and water in mixing bowl. Beat with electric mixer until frothy. In separate bowl, stir together sugar, salt, and cinnamon until well blended.
- Pour pecans into frothed egg white and stir to coat well. Take a handful of pecans at a time and gently toss them in the sugar mixture with your hands.
- Place onto baking sheet and bake at 300 for 30-40 minutes, stirring every ten minutes.