How To Make Chicken Fried Rice
This dish of Chicken Fried Rice recipe is both filling without being too heavy in your stomach. At times when I have eaten Chicken Fried Rice Chinese style out at a restaurant not only does it end up being so much more expensive than making this at home but I know I am using fresh ingredients and staying away from preservatives and additives like flavor enhancers.
Homemade Chicken Fried Rice is so easy and flavorful it doesn’t need enhancers!
You and your family will love its light fluffy texture and delicious taste.
Ingredients to Make Chicken Fried Rice Easy Peasy
To Make Chicken Fried Rice Recipe you’ll need..
- 2.5 pounds of boneless chicken breasts
- Frozen veggies of your choice
- Soy sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Grated Ginger
- Garlic Powder
- Brown Rice
- To make my Freezer Chicken Fried Rice, I begin by sautéing the chicken in a little bit of butter until it is no longer pink in the center.
- Add in chopped onion (it’s already chopped and in my FoodSaver® Fresh Container in the fridge)
- Cook until onion is tender.
- Add all other veggies, sauces, and seasonings, and cook until veggies are cooked through.
- Push chicken mixture over to one side of the pan and add eggs. Cook them, stirring from time to time, until just scrambled.
- Stir entire mixture together and stir in cooked brown rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- This is enough for two complete meals for a family of four.
Can You Freeze Chicken Fried Rice?
Take half of the Chicken Fried Rice and seal in a FoodSaver® bag. Label and freeze until ready to use. To reheat, remove from freezer and cut one corner of the bag to vent and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes, or until heated through. Allow to sit for one minute before removing from bag.
Or while I was visiting my Mama I froze the Chicken Fried Rice in these tupperware-like containers and froze them so she could have them when I was gone or share them with her friends. I would take these out of the containers when ready to eat. Place in a bowl and reheat in the microwave. These could be reheated on the stove top as well.
Here is the beautiful and tasty finished product.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 24 ounce frozen mixed vegetables of your choice
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 5 cups cooked brown rice
- In large wok style skillet, saute chicken in butter over medium high heat until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Add chopped onion and cook, stirring often, until onion is tender.
- Add in all other ingredients except rice. Continue cooking over medium high heat, stirring often, until vegetables are cooked through.
- Push chicken mixture over to one side of the skillet and add eggs to empty side. Scramble a bit with a spoon and cook until set, stirring as needed. Stir cooked eggs into chicken mixture and then stir in rice.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot.
You might also enjoy these recipes!