To make Miss Faye’s Slow Cooker Meatloaf (a.k.a mama’s meatloaf) (courtesy of the Coer’s family) you’ll need: 2 lbs ground beef (I’m using ground chuck because it was on sale), tomato soup, cream of mushroom soup, package dry onion soup mix, and one egg. Note: My eggs were a bit on the small side so I’m using two 🙂
Place meat, eggs, and onion soup mix in a large bowl.
Moosh it all up really good with your hands.
Cooking is not for the squeamish so just get on in there. Hands are washable! Besides, it often takes someone dealing with the messy side of things in order to be able to produce something lovely, such as dinner. There is a valuable life lesson in there that I could pull out and drive home for ya but I’m woefully lacking in caffeine today and seeing how busy Flat Christy was has gotten me flat tired!
After its all mixed up well, shape it into a loaf and place in bottom of slow cooker.
A loaf can be whatever shape you’re in the mood for. I was in a round mood today.
Pour can of cream of mushroom soup over it. I spread mine around a bit with the can.
Pour can of tomato soup over.
Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
(or high for four hours)
THIS WAS DELICIOUS, thank you Miss Faye!!!
It kind of had a Salisbury steak taste to it – family gobbled it up!
- 2 pounds ground beef or turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 packet onion soup mix
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- *1/4 cup ground flax seed optional
- In a large bowl, mix beef, egg and onion soup mix. Roll into “loaf form” and place in slow-cooker. Cover with condensed cream of mushroom soup. Pour one can condensed tomato soup over the top. Set slow-cooker on low and cook for eight hours or high for four.
*If you want to be sneaky, you can mix in a quarter cup of ground flax seed with the meat to sneak in Omega 3 and fiber… 😉