What do you get when you combine crunchy tart apple pieces with creamy pudding, refreshing whipped topping, Snickers candy bars, and a drizzle of scrumptiously sweet caramel sauce? Snickers caramel apple salad, a classic Southern dessert.
Hey friends! This Snickers caramel apple salad recipe is one of those over-the-top desserts that we here in the South like to call a “salad”. Don’t worry, we can’t say it with a straight face, either. I’m not gonna even try to tell you that this won’t wreck any and every diet or that you won’t go into a sugar coma if you eat too much of this Snickers salad. But it’s so worth it!
This is a deliciously easy summer and fall dessert salad to make ahead and take to parties, potlucks, and family gatherings. Just wait until you tell everyone it’s a salad 😉.
So, the title lists most of the ingredients. But besides Snickers candy bars, Granny Smith apples, and caramel sauce, you’re also going to need milk, instant vanilla pudding, and whipped topping. There aren’t too many instructions involved with making this caramel apple Snickers salad. It just takes a little bit of mixing and a little bit of chilling and your “salad” is ready. It’s got such a lovely taste and texture, thanks to the combo of creamy pudding and whipped topping, sweet chocolate and caramel sauce, and tart apples.
You’ll have to give it a go and see for yourself!
- Snickers bars
- Granny Smith apples
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Frozen Cool Whip whipped topping
- Caramel sauce
How to Make Snickers Caramel Apple Salad
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, mix together the vanilla instant pudding mix, milk, and whipped topping until well combined.
Chop up the candy bars into small pieces and do the same with the apples. I don’t peel my apples but you can if you’d like.
Stir candy and apple mixture into the whipped topping mixture. Spoon out into a nice serving bowl.
Cover and refrigerate for a few hours. Before serving, drizzle with caramel sauce. Enjoy!
Store covered leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days. Any longer and the apples will start to brown.
- You can use any kind of caramel sauce, including salted caramel topping.
- If there’s a nut allergy, swap the Snickers bars to a different candy bar like Twix.
- Here are some fun additions to add to your salad:
- Toffee bits or mini chocolate chips.
- 1 cup of mini marshmallows or chopped marshmallows.
- Sliced grapes and chopped pecans or walnuts so it’s basically a dessert version of my Southern grape salad.
- Chopped roasted peanuts for extra crunch (you can also add these as a garnish alongside the caramel syrup).
- For something different, substitute the vanilla pudding for butterscotch pudding or cheesecake pudding mix.
What are the best apples to use in caramel apple salad?
I like the combination of tart Granny Smith apples mixed with the remaining sweet ingredients. However, other options include Red Delicious and Gala apples.
You may also like these tempting desserts:
- 3-5 full-sized Snickers bars*
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1 5.1-ounce box vanilla instant pudding**
- 1/2 cup milk
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/4-1/2 cup caramel sauce
- In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, mix together the instant pudding, milk, and whipped topping until well combined.1 5.1-ounce box vanilla instant pudding**, 1/2 cup milk, 16 ounces frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Chop up the candy bars into small pieces and do the same with the apples. I don't peel my apples but you can if you'd like.3-5 full-sized Snickers bars*, 4 medium Granny Smith apples
- Stir candy and apple mixture into the whipped topping mixture. Spoon out into a nice serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours. Before serving, drizzle with caramel sauce. Enjoy!1/4-1/2 cup caramel sauce
**This is the big box, you can also use sugar-free if you like.
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.