The actual recipe for homemade cream of chicken soup is at the bottom of this post in printable format (just click “print this” in the recipe card).
What is Cream of Chicken Soup Used For?
It’s great for thickening, adding flavor, and making sauces. Whether you prefer homemade or just don’t have a can on hand, this cream of chicken soup recipe is the perfect substitution and is ready in minutes.
Make sure you share this on your Facebook wall and Pinterest boards for easy finding later.
Ingredients for this recipe are:
- All Purpose flour
- Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pot over medium-low heat.
- Add flour and stir until smooth.
- Add broth, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring constantly, until thickened, about ten minutes.
Enjoy this homemade recipe option as a substitute for any recipe calling for a can of cream of chicken soup!
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup milk I prefer whole but 2% is fine
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add flour to melted butter and stir well until no lumps remain.
- Add milk, broth, salt, and pepper. Continue cooking over medium-low, stirring constantly, until thickened, about ten minutes.
Recipes you might want this cream of chicken soup recipe in: