Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole is part of my series on Bags to Dishes meals. For Bags to Dishes meals, all ingredients are shelf stable so that is an even bigger plus. Assemble the ingredients for a few months worth of these casseroles if you have a hankering to, and know that that bag will be ready to grab whenever you need it. My family gobbles this one up and everyone wants seconds so if we’re all here, I usually make double.
Be sure to read the original post to find out how you can convert your own meals into shelf stable ones in order to have your family’s favorite recipes available with the grab of a bag and never have to worry about what’s for supper again! Also, check out my other Bags to Dishes meals by clicking here.
Here is what our bag meal looks like when we grab it.
Ingredients all laid out for the Chicken and Wild Rice Casserole.
This is what you would put in the actual bag when assembling the ingredients for this meal.
Long Grain and Wild Rice (Watch for a sale on this and then stock up!)
Cream of mushroom soup (A recipe for homemade can be found here )
Cut Green Beans
Can You Substitute Anything for The Almonds?
Now you can leave the almonds out if you want or you can substitute water chestnuts if you like. You could also substitute french fried onions for these, that would be good, too!
How To Make a Chicken And Wild Rice Casserole
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook the rice according to package directions.
- Drain chicken and beans. Stir everything together.
- Spoon it into a pie plate or casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly.
Now that you’ve worked up all that exhaustion, sit down and eat. 🙂
Make sure you assemble a few extra meals of this Chicken and Wild Rice recipe when you go to make your Bags to Dishes meals! It is just that good. You can leave the chicken out and serve this as a side dish as well or use two bag meals of this and add some warm rolls for a larger family meal.
- 1 box Long Grain Wild Rice Mix I use Uncle Ben's, which is currently 6oz)
- 10 or 12 ounce can of chicken whichever you find first
- 15 ounce can green beans
- 10 ounce can cream of mushroom soup fat free is fine
- 1 teaspoon onion powder optional
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Assemble all canned goods in a large zipper seal bag along with a printed copy of these instructions. If using onion powder, measure out into a zipper seal bag and include that with canned goods.
- Drain chicken and beans. Cook rice according to package directions in pot big enough to mix casserole up in (no sense in dirtying up more dishes!).
- Once rice is cooked, stir in all other ingredients until well combined. Spoon into pie plate or casserole dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, or until heated through and bubbly. Serve warm.
You may also enjoy these chicken and rice recipes:
“Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.”