Today’s recipe is for a Maple Pecan Pie. Imagine a Pecan pie, only instead of the gooey part you have a filling that resembles the texture of soft caramel, but maple flavored. Now add the flavors of butter, honey, brown sugar, and pecans and if you’re mouth isn’t watering yet I don’t know what can be done with ya! This pie is so good and sure to be an instant classic.
The Ingredients You’ll Need For this Maple Pecan Pie are:
- Maple Syrup
- Brown Sugar
- Graham Crust. For the crust, we’re using a 9 inch crust, not the deep dish one but just the standard size.
If you’re just dying to make your own crumb crust, I have a recipe here. But if you are happy with the store bought kind those are fine too.
- To begin, place brown sugar, butter, maple syrup, and honey in your favorite medium sized sauce pot.
- Place this over medium high heat and stir constantly until it comes to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, stir in the pecans and heavy cream.
- Bring this back to a low boil and cook, stirring from time to time, for approximately 10-12 minutes.
- After it is nice and thick, remove from heat and stir in vanilla before pouring into your crumb crust. Let this cool slightly before covering and refrigerating until completely chilled, which will take a few hours.
The pieces of this pie firm up enough to make really neat slices and the texture is one that dissolves in your mouth rather than sticks to your teeth.
It’s so very good!
- 3/4 cup light or dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter salted or unsalted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 - 3 cups pecans
- 9 inch graham crust
- In medium sauce pot, place butter, honey, maple syrup, and brown sugar. Put this over medium high heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Once boiling, add pecans and cream. Bring to a low boil and cook, stirring every now and then, for 10-12 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into graham cracker crust. Allow to cool slightly until covering and placing in the fridge until completely chilled.
You may also enjoy these pecan pie recipes:
“This is the day the Lord hath made. Rejoice and be glad in it.”