Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie may be the most delectable dessert that I have sunk my teeth into this Fall. It took all the will power I had to stick to one slice!
You know, Pumpkin isn’t one of those things that we ever ate growing up and I don’t think I’m alone in this. In my family, we ate sweet potato pie and all sorts of yummy dishes made with sweet potato in place of pumpkin. I think this is mostly due to the same reason my grandmother always found baked apples to be such a treat – they didn’t have any apple trees so apples were given to them as gifts to use in their recipes and such. Well, I reckon my family didn’t have a pumpkin patch.
Funny thing is, Mama and I just discovered how much we love pumpkin a few years back and we’ve been making up for lost time ever since with recipes like this Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie.
Honey As A Substitute
Today I’m going to bring you a recipe I adapted from a Libby’s recipe. I simplified the recipe a wee bit and added honey in place of corn syrup – thanks to a dear member of the Southern Plate Family, Cheryl. She gave me the biggest jar of honey I’ve ever seen so I wanted to put it to use right off! I love the richness of flavor honey lends to this pie and think you will too.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie With Honey are:
- Canned pumpkin
- Evaporated milk
- Eggs, honey
- Cream cheese (here’s our easy-peasy recipe for homemade cream cheese).
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Unbaked pie shell. If you don’t have a store bought pie shell or would rather make your own, you can use my mix in the pan pie crust recipe here.
How to Make A Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
Step by Step Instructions
- Place your cream cheese and honey in a mixing bowl.
Double the Recipe, Double the YUM
By the way, this makes a great recipe to double because it only calls for half a brick of cream cheese (4 ounces) so with one brick and a little extra of the other ingredients, you can bake a pie for your family and a pie for another family.
- Mix those up until well blended.
- In the same mixing bowl you used to mix the cream cheese in, (and don’t bother cleaning it, it’ll be fine with a little cream cheese stuff left over) place pumpkin, eggs, honey, and sugar.
- Then pour in your evaporated milk.
- Mix that up until smooth and well blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Place cream cheese in dollops (or gobs) on top of the pie.
- Use a butter knife to swirl the cream cheese in just a bit.
- Bake at 325 for 50-60 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Hope you don’t mind if I have me a taste right now 🙂
- 1 Unbaked Deep Dish Pie Crust You can make your own by going to my pie crust recipe at the bottom of the page
- 1/2 pkg Cream Cheese, softened Or you can double this recipe and use the whole package
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup Canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup Evaporated milk
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup honey in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Put this in another bowl and set aside. In the same mixing bowl just used place pumpkin, milk, eggs, remaining honey, sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until blended well.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell
- Drop cream cheese mixture in dollops over the pumpkin mixture. Swirl lightly with butter knife. Bake at 325 for 50-60 mins or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
The tongue is the dipstick to the soul!
Submitted by Ann Lokey. Click here to submit your quote. New ones always welcome!