Made with canned pumpkin, cream cheese, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, and honey, my easy pumpkin cream cheese pie recipe is simultaneously sweet, spicy, creamy… and oh-so decadent.
Pumpkin cream cheese pie may be the most delectable dessert that I have sunk my teeth into this fall. It took all the willpower I had to stick to one slice!
You know, pumpkin isn’t one of those things that we ever ate growing up and I don’t think I’m alone in this. In my family, we ate sweet potato pie and all sorts of yummy dishes made with sweet potato in place of pumpkin. I think this is mostly due to the same reason my grandmother always found baked apples to be such a treat. They didn’t have any apple trees so apples were given to them as gifts to use in their recipes and such. Well, I reckon my family didn’t have a pumpkin patch!
Funny thing is, Mama and I just discovered how much we love pumpkin a few years back and we’ve been making up for lost time ever since with recipes like this cream cheese pumpkin pie. You’ll find even more pumpkin recipes below. This pie is like a cross between a classic pumpkin pie and a pumpkin cheesecake a.k.a it’s heavenly!
All you’re going to need is a store-bought pie shell, canned pumpkin puree, eggs, evaporated milk, pumpkin pie spice, cream cheese, and honey (in place of corn syrup). I love the richness of flavor honey lends to this pie and think you will too.
This pie is so easy to make. Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl, combine the honey and cream cheese separately, then pour the pie filling into the shell and add the cream cheese mixture on top. Swirl that into the pie and bake! Your pumpkin pie will be ready in about an hour.
This pie, with its buttery flaky crust and its decadently creamy pumpkin filling, is destined for your Thanksgiving table. Enjoy!
- Canned pumpkin puree
- Evaporated milk
- Cream cheese (here’s our easy-peasy recipe for homemade cream cheese).
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Unbaked pie shell
How to Make Pumpkin Cream Cheese Pie
Place your cream cheese and honey in a mixing bowl.
Mix those up until well blended and then set this aside in a different bowl.
In the same mixing bowl (don’t worry if there’s some leftover cream cheese), place pumpkin, eggs, honey, and sugar.
Then pour in your evaporated milk.
Mix that up until smooth and well blended.
Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the unbaked pie shell.
Place cream cheese in dollops on top of the pie.
Use a butter knife to swirl the cream cheese in just a bit.
Bake at 325 for 50 to 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Hope you don’t mind if I have a taste right now 🙂
- Store leftover pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. You can serve it cold or reheat it in the microwave.
- You can also freeze the pie for up to 3 months. Double-wrap it in plastic wrap and then aluminum foil for extra protection. Thaw in the fridge overnight before serving.
- If you don’t have a store-bought pie shell or would rather make a homemade pie crust, you can use my mix-in-the-pan pie crust recipe here. Another option is using a store-bought graham cracker crust to give it even more cheesecake flavor.
- If you don’t have pumpkin pie spice on hand, make your own with a few different spices: 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- Please know you want to use canned pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling, as that has sweetness and sugar added, which we don’t want.
How do you serve pumpkin cream cheese pie?
Serve your pumpkin cream cheese pie as is or with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You might also like to add another dusting of pumpkin pie spice, some chopped crystallized ginger, toffee bits, salted caramel sauce, ginger snap/graham cracker crumbs, or candied pecans on top.
Can I double this recipe?
Absolutely! This makes a great recipe to double because it only calls for half a brick of cream cheese (4 ounces) so with one brick and a little extra of the other ingredients, you can bake a pie for your family and a pie for another family.
Check out these other pumpkin recipes:
Pumpkin Bars With Cream Cheese Frosting & Candied Pecans
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes With Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Praline Cake With Cream Cheese Icing
- 1 unbaked deep dish pie crust
- 1/2 pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Beat cream cheese and 1/4 cup of honey in a mixing bowl until smooth and creamy. Put this in another bowl and set it aside.1/2 pkg cream cheese, softened, 1/2 cup honey
- In the same mixing bowl just used place pumpkin, milk, eggs, remaining honey, vanilla, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until blended well.1/2 tsp vanilla extract, 1 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 cup evaporated milk, 2 large eggs, 1/4 cup granulated sugar, 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into the unbaked pie shell.1 unbaked deep dish pie crust
- Drop the cream cheese mixture in dollops over the pumpkin mixture. Swirl lightly with a butter knife.
- Bake at 325 for 50-60 mins or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
The tongue is the dipstick to the soul!
Submitted by Ann Lokey. Click here to submit your quote. New ones are always welcome!
Oh my , this looks soood dreamy , another good one for the christmas holiday , going out today and get the things to make this one , husbands favorite , ty again for another great recipe.