What do you get when you combine a layer of juicy peach slices with a deliciously sweet cream cheese pie filling and whipped topping? My perfect peaches and cream pie recipe!
Ah, summer, a.k.a prime peach season! If you have too many fresh peaches on your hands this summer and don’t know what to do with them, I definitely recommend transforming them into this easy peaches and cream pie recipe.
There’s a lot to love about this peach pie. Firstly, besides the fresh peaches and cream cheese, you probably have the rest of the ingredients at home right now: sugar, cornstarch, an egg, lemon juice, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
Secondly, it’s really easy to make. We use an unbaked pie shell so there’s no pre-baking needed. Then we start with a layer of fresh peaches before mixing the dry ingredients, the wet ingredients, and the wet and dry together. All that’s left to do is bake the pie for an hour and add the whipped topping once it’s cooled.
I just know you’re going to love the combination of the flaky pie crust, creamy cinnamon-spiced pie filling, juicy peaches, and refreshing whipped cream. This is a lovely light dessert that’s perfect for your next summer gathering. Here are some more summer pie recipes I love as well. Alright, who’s ready to bake a delicious peaches and cream pie?
- Fresh peaches
- Granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Cream cheese
- Almond extract or vanilla extract
- Unbaked pie crust
- Topping: Cool Whip or our homemade whipped cream with evaporated milk
How to Make Peaches and Cream Pie
Preheat the oven to 350.
Put the sliced peaches in the unbaked pie shell.
Mix together the cornstarch, sugar, and cinnamon (the dry ingredients) in a small bowl.
In another bowl, beat the egg, cream cheese, lemon juice, and almond or vanilla extract.
In the wet ingredients, add half of the dry ingredients and mix.
Then add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well.
Add this on top of the sliced peaches.
Spread it to the edges to ensure the pie filling covers the entire pie shell.
Bake in your preheated oven for one hour.
Now we have to patiently wait for our peaches and cream pie to cool on a wire rack before…
We add the Cool Whip or our homemade whipped cream.
You can eat it straight away or chill it some more.
Either way, it’s delicious! Add a sliced peach garnish and enjoy!
Store leftover pie in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days. Because of the whipped topping, I don’t recommend freezing the pie.
- Go ahead and use your favorite pie crust, whether that’s a store-bought pie shell, a homemade pie crust, or a graham cracker crust.
- If you want to add more flavor to your cream cheese filling, add 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg as well. It’s the perfect complement to the cinnamon.
Can I use canned peaches or frozen peaches?
In a pinch, you can definitely use canned peaches or frozen peaches. You’ll need about 3 cups. Just ensure they’re thawed and well-drained.
Check out these other delicious peach recipes:
Homemade Peach Ice Cream (No Eggs Needed)
Peach Dump Cake Recipe (3 Ingredients Only)
Easy Old-Fashioned Peach Cobbler Recipe
Sugar-Free Peach Lemonade (2 Ingredients Only)
- 3 fresh peaches: peeled, pits removed, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1.5 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups cool whip or our homemade whipped cream with evaporated milk whipped cream recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Put the sliced peaches in the unbaked pie crust.3 fresh peaches: peeled, pits removed, and thinly sliced, 1 unbaked pie crust
- Mix together the cornstarch, sugar, and cinnamon (the dry ingredients) in a small bowl.1 cup granulated sugar, 1.5 tsp cornstarch, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- In another bowl, beat the egg, cream cheese, lemon juice, and almond or vanilla extract.1 egg, 1/2 cup cream cheese, 1/2 teaspoon almond extract or vanilla extract, 1 tbsp lemon juice
- In the wet ingredients, add half of the dry ingredients and mix, then add the rest of the dry ingredients and mix well. Add this pie filling on top of the sliced peaches.
- Bake in your preheated oven for one hour. Let cool and add the cool whip or our homemade whipped cream. Can chill if you like and serve after it's cooled.2 cups cool whip or our homemade whipped cream with evaporated milk
“If you could only sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet;
how important you can be to the people you may never even dream of.
There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.”
~ Fred Rogers
Deep dish or regular pie crust ?
For years I have been giving a peaches and cream pie to my very helpful neighbor as a thank-you. I always purchased at a local bakery, but they are no longer making. I’m so happy to see this recipe…I know she will love it!
Hi Pat, that is so kind of you. I hope she loves it too!
Making peaches and cream pie for the first time and have 12 more minutes and the top of the pie looks really brown. Do i tent with foil?
Have any of you ladies heard of the hummingbird cake it’s a southern cake as far as I know
Hi Cheri, Here is our Hummingbird Cake recipe https://www.southernplate.com/old-fashioned-hummingbird-cake-recipe/
hope you enjoy it!
Would this pie need to be refrigerated? I ask because it would be a great pie for 4-Hers to make and enter, but not if it needs refrigerated. Thanks!
Sounds delicious wondering if you can use can peaches , no fresh peaches now
I made this pie the day after this post. My husband LOVED it. He is now demanding I make another.