I blame my Grandmama’s Cherry Cream Cheese pie almost entirely for my childhood weight issues – and man was it ever worth it! Grandmama used to make this around the holidays and she’d send an entire pie to our house! Fortunately, my brother was dropped on his head as a child and didn’t eat things like this, which meant I got to eat his share. My sister pretty much came out of the womb counting calories so I’m pretty sure I ate her share as well. Opening the refrigerator and finding this looking back at you sure was a beautiful sight!
Did you have a grandmother who made you a special holiday treat as a child?
I’d love to hear about it in the comments below! Let me show you how easy this pie is to make!
For Cherry Cream Cheese Pie, you’ll need: Cream cheese, lemon juice, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and a graham cracker crust. You’ll also need one can of your favorite pie filling. I’m using cherry because that is what Grandmama always used.
Ironically, Grandmama could never eat this pie when she used cherry because she is allergic to red food coloring.
Place your softened cream cheese in a mixing bowl and add your sweetened condensed milk.
Add in your lemon juice and vanilla.
Mix that up until creamy and smooth.
Spread into pie crust.
Cover that and put it in the refrigerator for several hours.
I also refrigerate my pie filling at this time as well, just stick the whole unopened can in there.
After several hours, top with your favorite pie filling.
Oh my. Look how pretty that is! Return this to the refrigerator to firm up some more until ready to serve.
Note: This is a soft pie so it never gets truly firm. Just keep it cold and serve it cold.
Look at this photo…
Isn’t it time you made cherry cream cheese pie for someone you love?
P.S. You should love yourself!
- 8 ounce pkg cream cheese softened
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla use the cheap stuff like me if you want, no shame in that!
- store bought graham cracker crust
- 1 Can of pie filling of your choice I love cherry or blueberry
- Make sure cream cheese is softened at room temperature to prevent pie from being lumpy. In mixing bowl, place cream cheese, condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla. Mix until creamy and smooth. Spread into pie crust and cover. Refrigerate several hours. Top with pie filling and return to refrigerator until completely chilled. Serve cold.
- Note: This is a soft pie. It won't get firm so keep it in the refrigerator and serve cold.
You might enjoy this post: Cream Cheese Divinity
Did you have a grandmother who made you a special treat as a child?
I’d love to hear about it in the comments below!