My mother and I started making this delicious crunchy blackened chicken when I came across the recipe in one of my culinary labs at college. The shortcut ingredients make it simple as can be to whip up but also give it a huge pop of flavor that everyone loves. If your family is made up of chicken lovers like mine is, you may find yourself looking for something new and different to do with it – this dish is what you’ve been looking for!
How to Make A Delicious Crunchy Blackened Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for the Blackened Chicken Recipe:
- French fried onions
- Chili powder
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Shredded cheese of your choice. I used cheddar
- Place your French fried onions in a zipper seal bag and crush them.
- You can use a rolling pin or meat mallet, your hands, or even the back of a spoon.
- Stir crushed French fried onions together with seasonings in a shallow bowl you can dip chicken in.
- Beat eggs and place in a shallow dish.
- Dip each piece of chicken first in egg on both sides
- Then dip in both sides in coating mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add coated chicken to heated oil.
- Cook this about 4-5 minutes on each side, trying not to turn but once or twice if need be, until no longer pink in the center.
- Once done, top with cheese and leave just long enough for cheese to melt.
Yum!!! This smells so good and tastes even better. The chicken is nice and juicy inside the crunchy coating!
Crunchy Blackened Chicken is perfect served with your favorite side.
This is also good as the centerpiece to a delicious salad!
- 1 cup French fried onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place french fried onions in a zipper seal bag and roll over with a rolling pin until crushed. Pour into a shallow bowl. Stir in chili powder, cumin, and salt.
- In a separate shallow bowl, place eggs and beat well.
- Heat about two tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Dip each chicken breast in egg on both sides and then into breading on both sides.
- Place in skillet and cook until browned on both sides and no longer pink in the center, turning once. Sprinkle chicken with cheese and allow to melt before removing from skillet. Serve with your favorite sides.
You might also enjoy these chicken recipes :
And here’s another Blackened recipe you may enjoy:
Follow me on Instagram to see more of my quotes and click here to see them all and download any you’d like to share!Yum