Join me today as we get ready to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Country Music Awards! I’ve gathered together with some of my blogging buddies to share some great recipes perfectly suited for a night of watching the CMA’s!
The CMA’s will be airing Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 7:00 PM Central. I encourage you to gather some friends, mix up some of these wonderful recipes, and host your own viewing party!
I’m sharing these Country Cornbread Sliders. Made with crunchy onion cornbread cakes as the bun and maple glazed sausage in between, they’re sure to make your tastebuds sing! The recipe can be found at the bottom of this post but make sure you check out the other great recipes being shared by my friends AND a giveaway on this post as well!
- Chocolate Chip Muffin Crumb Bars from I Wash, You Dry
- Sweet Maple Cornbread from Plain Chicken
- Chocoalte Chip Muffin Waffle Sundaes from Mommy’s Kitchen
- Cornbread Crusted Ranch Chicken Bites from Southern Bite
- Red Carpet Sweet Potato Cupcakes from The Southern Pantry
- Pumpkin Pineapple Upside Down Cake from The Country Cook
One lucky reader will win the prize package below! To enter simply leave a comment on this post. I will choose one comment using Random.org Friday morning. Winner will be posted on this post and notified via email.
- 1 package Martha White Cotton Country Cornbread Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- Maple syrup
- Cut sausage into six patties and cook in a medium sized skillet over medium heat, turning as necessary, until fully cooked and no longer pink in the center. Set aside when done.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, pour oil to a depth of 1/4 of an inch. Allow to heat while you prepare cornbread.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together cornbread mix, onion, milk, and egg. Set aside for five minutes.
- Drop cornbread by large spoonfuls into the skillet, shaping slightly into a patty with the back of the spoon. Once browned on the bottom, gently flip over and brown on the other side. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Assemble sliders, brushing the tops of each sausage patty with maple syrup. Serve warm.
Giveaway Disclaimer: Not responsible for emails that go into spam so if you enter be sure you check back Friday to see if you won and missed the email. Winner has three days to respond or an alternate winner will be chosen. This post was graciously sponsored by Martha White.Yum